2

K Y L I E

Done. I turn off my computer getting my things together. It's been such a long week but I have finally got all my articles printed and ready to go for next months issues.

It's was 8 o'clock and everyone had left earlier as it was the weekend tomorrow. I turn off my desk lamp and slip my uncomfortable heels back on.

As I do, I see Luke jogging in the office up to his desk. His long dirty blonde hair flapped around with each step he took.

"Forgot something?" I ask grabbing my bag and flicking my ponytail to the side.

"Uh yeah, my wallet" Luke stampers searching around under papers and in drawers.

"Ahaha, that might be handy" I giggle as I watch him frustratedly chuck around files and books everywhere. As he turns around I notice something.

"Hey Luke" I got his attention. "What's that in your back pocket?" I chuckle as I hold my laugh in.

He reaches for his back pocket sliding his hand in to bring out his wallet he had with him the entire time.

"Are you serious!! How could I forget" he chucks his hands up in frustration. "Thanks. Are you heading home now?" He wonders pulling up his suit pants so they sat on his hips better.

"Yeah. I don't want to miss my bus so I should go" I reply commencing my way to the door by stepping away a little.

"Did you need a lift? I don't mind" he offers.

"Nah it's all good" I reject his help by waving my hand.

"Nah. I'll take you home. I'm sure you need it. Anyway all I do is annoy you in the office so the least I could do is this" he mentions laughing at how he thought of himself.

"Thanks" I smile in politeness. "But your not annoying all the time"

We make our way to the elevator heading to the ground floor. I follow Luke to his car with my heels clunking along the concrete paving.

As he unlocks his grey Audi I stand in front of the passenger side door.

"Where do you live?" He questions. I hop in the car as he does and slid the seatbelt across my chest.

"Um, just in the goldberg apartments on the border of the city" I use my hands to explain the direction of where I live.

"Oh okay, I know where that is" he starts the car and slowly pulls out of the car park.

He begins to take the road to my place. It felt kind of awkward being in the same car of my colleague. As we're almost there he turns off taking the wrong street.

"Um, it was further down" I point the other way.

"I know" he smirks.

All of a sudden we pull up along the curb of a busy looking pub. I think this is the place where everyone else goes afterwork, I never go cause I can't be stuffed.

"No. I hate doing this stuff. No Luke, I'm not going in there" I refuse to go in and cross my arms on the seat.

After rolling his eyes, Luke gets out the car and travels over to my side and opens the door.

"C'mon out you get" he undos my seatbelt and attempts to get me out. I hold onto the seat trying my hardest not to let go.

"No, I'm not going in. Luke stop it" but it was no use as he easily pulled me out carrying me bridal style with his broad arms. After closing the door over with his elbow he begins to make his way to the pub.

"You're really light" he saids pretending to drop one of his arms leaving me to wrap my arms around his neck to hold on.

We walk in and everyone seems to be having a good time with beers and music and it looks very lively.

"Ehhhh Luke's here" a guy yells out pointing towards our direction. Everyone cheers and greets him but fail to notice me.

Luke sets me down on my two feet and grabs my small hand taking me straight to the bar pushing ourselves through the familiar faces of the staff.

"Does everyone come here every Friday?"

"Yep. Every Friday!" Luke nods his head sitting on a bar stool and so I did the same. "A sex on the beach for the lady and the usual for me" he spoke up talking to the bartender.

Luke then pulls out my ponytail, taking the hair tie and slipping it around his wrist.

"There, that's better" he smiles taking a sip of his drink that sat on the bar. "How come you don't come here after work?"

"I enjoy being alone" I shrug my shoulders.

"Your not alone, you have your husband".

"I've never been married Luke and you know that. I'll probably be single for the rest of my life and it's probably better that way. What about you? Any girlfriends? A wife? Kids?" I wonder.

"I'm divorced" he spat out.

"Oh I'm really so-"

"Don't be. I hated her anyway" he jokes and I laugh.

I look around at the staff I hadn't spoke too much. They all acted so different. Quinn who was always nice and quiet was singing karaoke. Shelley looked like she has had way too many drinks; I thought she was a nonalcoholic. Wait who is that on the table. Simon, wow, had doesn't seem like the guy to jump up on a table and start pretend stripping.

"You okay?" Luke asks to assure my emotions.

"Yeah, just seems really weird being here".

"We can leave if you want" Luke suggests.

"Nah, I'm fine".

__________________________

AU: Part 2 done. Tell me what you think. Also if there are any mistakes please feel free to tell me!

Special shoutout to DianaTommy14  and danikhsimpson