1

K Y L I E

Oh my god, this skirt today is just so uncomfortable. I try adjusting the zip to stop it from annoying me but it is no use as I had bought it from some cheap ass store so I expected there had to be something wrong with this clothing item.

"Need some help there Kylie" Luke smirks coming up from behind me.

"No I'm fine thank you. Just get back to work, your papers are due Friday boss said" I stamper pulling my chair in closer to the desk.

"Yes ma'am, I'll be right on it" he sarcastically says pretending to get to work but instead messes around with his pens.

Sometimes I feel like shooting myself to get anywhere away from here. He can be so annoying and always likes to muck around, he can never just be serious and do his work like everyone else here.

"Hey Kylie, aren't you going on your lunch break with the rest of us?" Quinn wonders grabbing her water bottle off her desk and travelling over to mine.

"Wait does that mean I'm on my lunch break as well?" Luke wonders raising from his chair with a grin attached to his shaven face.

"Yes" Quinn replies.
"No" I  answer as we both had said over the top of each other.

"I'm listening to Quinn, she's nicer" Luke giggles pointing to Quinn.

"Uh whatever, but anyway I need to finish some work off. I have way too much stuff to do to risk taking 20 minutes off" I look to Quinn slighting turning to my side.

"Oh okay, well did you want me to bring you back anything. Coffee? Salad? A muffin maybe?" She questions leaning against the desk divider.

"Nah nah, I'm all good. Just enjoy your lunch, don't worry about me" I refuse to take Quinn's offer and she walks away to the cafeteria on the 3rd floor.

She was the last to leave the office which left me alone, finally. Peace and quiet. I type away focusing on the letters that appeared on the screen in front of me after clicking on them on the keyboard which my hands rest upon.

To be honest I was starving. The last meal I had was a free cookie on my way into work at the reception desk. I didn't want to waste any bit of this day to get all my articles in before the issue gets printed so I had awoken extra early skipping breakfast to take the 7:15am bus instead of the 7:40.

As I continue to re-read my work which is yet to be completed I notice Dan, my boss shuffling out from his private office.

"Uh, Kayley is it?" he attempts.

"Kylie" I respond smiling in reassurance.

"Oh sorry Kylie but are you coming to next weeks Christmas gathering?" he raises his eyebrows taking a sip from his peach infused tea.

"I don't think I can-"

"Well, I need someone to serve the chocolate fondue. I'm sure you'll be great at it" he assures me and places a fake smile on his wrinkled face displaying his fairly old teeth.

"No I shouldn't-"

"Oh thank you. You've helped me out so much Kayley. Thank you" cutting me off he strolls away with out another word.

"It's Kylie" I try to call out but ignores me as he heads to the elevator.

Great. Now I have to go to that stupid dress-up Christmas party. And serve stupid melted chocolate to people I don't even know.

Can this day get any worse?

I chuck my hands up knocking my cup of chilled water over spilling it all over myself.

Great. Just great.

__________________________

AN: Hey, there's the first chapter! I have so much exciting drama planned for this book!

Don't forget to vote, comment or add to your reading list to get a shoutout!!

:-) xx