Chapter One

AMEILIA'S POV:

   "Hey, that's a cute shirt," Maria remarked.  I nodded my head agreeing.  Oh the memories of the mall.  As if reading my mind, Maria said, "You know, my first date was at the mall.  Good ol' Will," she said with a slight giggle.  I laughed inwardly.  I remember helping her every step of the way through that stupid relationship.

   "Speaking of guys..." Maria started.  I flinched a little.  Guys weren't a topic I really wanted to talk about right now.

   "How are things between you and Jay?  Last I heard, things were kinda rocky," she said.  And she said what I was dreading.  The story was too long, even though we've only known each other for a short period of time.  Maria and Jay were really good friends in school.  He moved to a neighbouring town, eliminating most chances of us really meeting.  I texted him though, and being the foolish recently heart broken girl I was, I started to fall for him.  But how could I not?  He was sweet and caring.  He was a gentleman as well, old fashion possibly.  I wasn't all for old fashioned, but I did like the thought of going on dates without going out, or I like the idea of a guy meeting the father before the first date.  I had told him I had feelings but ever since that, it has been, awkward.  It worries me, of course, because he was really calm and chill and when I said this, he's acted differently.

   "Maria, nothing new has happened," I sighed, defeated.

  "You know, he told me that his relationship with Bobbi wasn't exactly... Fulfilling," she said slowly, clearly choosing her words carefully.

   "I can only imagine...." I mutter, thinking of Bobbi. I and Maria knew her, not well, but knew her.  She was loud and obnoxious. I never believed that she really wanted a real, emotional relationship with Jay, I think it was more of the title; being "Jay's Girl". 

JAY'S POV

   "You could have at least bought like, something besides this shit.  Movies are so boring" Bobbi complains

   "I'm sorry, babe. I'll remember that for next time." I apologize. She makes a noise between a groan and a growl. Complaining was all she had done tonight. I just wanted to take her out and have a nice time, but that wasn't working so well. She complained about every little thing that had happened. Making either of us happy was impossible. But letting her go also seemed near impossible.  I wanted her to be happy, I try really hard.  In fact, I try really hard to make everyone happy.  But keeping her happy right now was making me unhappy.

   "What movie are we seeing?" she snapped at me.

   I stuttered as we made our way to the concession stand.  "Well, uh, I thought we could go see that new... Action movie, A Good Day to Die Hard," I finished with a sheepish smile.

   I saw anger flash across her face.  "Excuse me?  An action movie?  Not a nice cute romance movie?" her voice was raising slightly.

   "I just, I thought you liked action movies, I didn't feel like being cliche, you told me you didn't like cliches," I offered.

   "Well, Jay," she spat.  "Sometimes, I find cliche's to be cute.  Obviously you don't know me!" she said as she turned her head away from me.

   My temper started to flare, but I let it not get the best of me.  I took a deep breath.  "Bobbi, you specifically told me when we first started dating that you hated cliches," I said as calmly as I could.

   "Hm," she said turning towards me.  "Well, I guess that changed, and you're not a good enough boyfriend to periodically ask me what I do and do not like," she said indignantly, turning her nose up.