Not What It Seems

Summary: Rosie James was your average Directioner. Twitter, tumblr, instagram, it was all she did. That and fangirling over her favorite OTP- Elounor. Yes, Rosie was one of those dreaded Elounor shippers. Not the ones that just shipped quietly and kept to themselves. Nope. She belonged to the group of shippers that sent hate to all of the Larry Shippers and thought that Eleanor was a queen. Rosie loved Eleanor. A lot. She loved Eleanor so much, that she wished she was Eleanor. And turns out, wishes do come true.

~

“Mum! Have you seen my blouse?” Rosie called down the hall to her mother’s room. Her white blouse had gone missing and her mum was the last one to do laundry.

“Which one?”

“The one that looks like Eleanor’s!”

“Nope, haven’t seen it!” Rosie ran her hand through her hair, quite frustrated at the fact that her favorite shirt was missing. ‘Wait.’ Rosie thought. ‘I wore it yesterday!’ She let out a sigh of relief and grabbed a different shirt. After slipping on her skinny jeans, she grabbed her iPad and headed out of the house.

You see, Rosie and her friends have a certain tradition. Every Saturday at 3 o’clock in the afternoon, they all meet up at Starbucks with their electronic devices so they can blog non-stop about Elounor and how amazing Eleanor is. It’s quite interesting, really. Especially the part where they go on random Larry blogs and call the owners “deluded.” That was their new favorite word. Because, obviously, their queen had used it.

<>

Rosie immediately spotted her small group of mates as soon as she stepped foot in the cafe. They waved her over once they noticed her. Rosie was…the leader of their group. She called all the shots, she found all the Elounor pictures, and she chose which Larry blog would be their victim of the day. Simple, but effective.

“Hey Rosie! Guess what happened? Louis tweeted Eleanor again!” One of her friends squealed in excitement. The others all sighed lovingly, predictably wishing that they had a “relationship” similar to Louis and Eleanor’s.

Rosie snorted, taking a seat and pulling her iPad out. “Forget the tweet. As of five minutes ago, Eleanor was on a plane to the states.” Her friends gasped while she sat back, smirking. She was the leader for a reason.

<>

A few hours had passed, meaning that the other girls had left leaving Rosie on her own. She reblogged a few pointless things such as, ‘What Eleanor was wearing today’ or ’ What city she’s in with Louis’. It was all in a day’s work for her.

Rosie usually stayed at Starbucks until midnight, considering the one she goes to stays open till then. Her mum is a bit paranoid that her daughter has become obsessed with this girl - who barely has anything to do with the band. Rosie’s had countless arguments with her saying that Eleanor is an inspiration, that she inspires countless girls to look better and lose more weight. But to Marie - Rosie’s mum - it was out of hand.

Unfortunately for her, she couldn’t do anything. Nothing she did or said made a difference with Rosie. So she just lets her stay up and reblog pictures of some girl she’ll never know.

Midnight finally struck, forcing Rosie to take the bus back home. She strode to the back of the bus and sat in the very far seat. She whipped out her iPhone and began to go on twitter to see what was happening. Apparently Harry kissed Louis on the cheek, which is obviously causing the Larry shippers to go crazy. Rosie never understood how it was easy for people to ship Larry. Couldn’t they see the love between Louis and El?

The bus stopped in front of her house and she got off after thanking the driver and paying. She slipped into the house quietly, ignoring her parents’ late night bickering. They were always having argument nowadays, making Rosie feel, well, depressed.