Chapter 3 - You still have that kunai?

"Yes, Tsuchikage-Sama?"

I was called in quite early in the morning to come into the Tsuchikage's office. They said it was important so I went as soon as I could. Now, here I am, knelt down on one knee, waiting for his order.

"Akane, as you know, The Fourth Great Ninja War is about to happen. I need you to go to the Village Hidden in the Leaves. They will give us information on how to defeat this enemy and their strategy. Your mission: Get specific information on how to beat the enemy and return here as soon as you get it. I will allow you to bring two other's on this mission, but you may also go solo since it's such a simple task."

"Yes, Tsuchikage-Sama."

For some reason, his voice sounds different then it usually does... Hmm....

"Mission start's as soon as you have your thing's ready. Take these scrolls to the Hokage. Dismiss!"

He handed me a couple of large scrolls and I placed them into my pouch.

"Yes, Tsuchikage-Sama."

I did a hand-sign and transported myself back to my house to start packing. I wanted to go to The Hidden Leaf Village. There's something there that I should know about... My dream... It was way too real...

I finished packing and started to head out. I was wearing all of my ANBU clothes and had my mask clipped to my belt, it's not a killing mission or anything. The Leaf Village is only about 3 day's away, I'll be there in no time.

*~

I could see the gate's to my destination. Before I could even get close, they began to open.

I walked up to the two men that opened the door. They had to do some research on me before I passed, which didn't take long.

I pulled out my map of Konoha and started to walk around. This place is huge. Since we're combining everyone's power, this war shouldn't be that hard... It's just a couple of Akatsuki. How bad could it get? The Leaf has already killed most of them.

Okay, the Hokage's building is on the other side of this village starting from the entry point. If I don't stop, then I'll get there in about 10 minutes top.

As I was walking, I couldn't help but look around. This whole place set off a happy vibe, even though it looks like they're rebuilding the place for the most part. Everyone was working, but they didn't seem upset about it. Everyone had a smile on their face, even though The Fourth Great Ninja War is just around the corner.

I approached the Hokage's building and pulled the scrolls out of my pouch. I knocked twice and heard something along the lines of 'Come in,' but it was muffled.

I walked in and bowed, "Akane Wantanabe from the Stone Village. I have come here on Tsuchikage's order's. I am here to give you these scrolls and also get information about the war."

"Yes. The Tsuchikage told me he would be sending someone very important to our village. Now, where are the scrolls?"

I handed her the scrolls and took a few steps back.

She just sat there smiling at me...

"Um... Hokage-Sama... The scrolls..?"

"Ah, yes. I'm waiting for someone very important to arrive. He always has a tendency to be late," She responded... still smiling.

"I see. Well, while we wait for-"

I was interrupted by the door being flung open, "Lady Hokage! Sorry I was late! I was just... I was just... Just..."

I turned around and was face to face with a guy that had weird silver hair that pointed up awkwardly. And, to add to the weirdness of it, almost his whole entire face was covered up with a mask.

He kinda looks like the boy from my dream, just much more older...

I mentally slapped myself. As if that was actually real.

"Akane..?!"

Okay.... Maybe it was real...

--~*Kakashi's PoV~*---

"You know Obito, when the Six Path Pein's killed me, I only saw you, Rin, and Sensei. I didn't see Akane. Has she not forgiven me? I was scared back then... I know I shouldn't have just left her there in that death trap. Maybe she didn't die... No, there's no way she didn't. There were at least 20 of those stone ninja. You told be to protect Rin... And if all three of us stayed there, Rin might've gotten hurt... But, if I stayed... I could've protected both of them..."

I stood in front of the KIA stone where 3 of my friends names are carved. I couldn't protect any of them. Not Obito, not Rin... Not even Akane, my best friend since we started the Academy.

I pulled out the kunai that Akane gave me as a present for making Jonin. I traced mine and her names with my finger.

It's been about 20 year's since that day. I really wonder if-

Ugh! Lady Tsunade wanted me at her office by 1:00pm! I always lose count of time hanging around here.

I stormed off to the Hokage's building. She said that I had to be there and it was 'extremely important and it involved me'.

I didn't stop until I was in her office. I tore the door's open and shouted, "Lady Hokage! Sorry I was late! I was just... I was just... Just..."

My sentence ended in a whisper. Right in front of me, a girl stood with her back facing me. She had waist length blue hair.

Blue hair... Only one person ever had such exotic hair. It even had the same darker and lighter blue streaks that naturally blended together. Then she turned around. This person had to be -

"Akane...?" I wispered.

"Yes?" She questioned, her eyebrows knitting in confusion.

My eyes widened in surprise. She's here... she's not dead? "Where have you been this whole time?" 

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

I cocked my head slightly to the side in confusion. "You don't remember me?" I asked slowly. "We were on the same team under Minato Sensei when we were children."

"I apologize, but I have no memories of my childhood."

Her voice was hollow of emotion and she wasn't even fazed by the fact that I was standing right in front of her.

I looked over to Tsunade Sama who then stood up. "Akane," she began, "What Kakashi tells you is true. Many years ago, you were on a mission that... didn't go according to plan. During this mission, one of your teammates were killed and you were presumed dead as well. However, recent contact from the Stone Village proved otherwise. You were sent here to the Hidden Leaf Village because, to quote Tsuchikage, you were no longer of any use to them. This isn't the first case we've seen like this. If it's like the others, you will slowly start to regain your memories in the form of dreams. Not only that, but the emotionless state that you are currently in will also being to reverse."

Akane didn't hesitate to kneel down. "If that is the case, then I am of your service, Hokage Sama."

"You may stand, Akane," though I could hear the hint of sadness in her voice. "For the time being, I want you to live the life that was taken away from you. Have you had any strange dreams within the last few days?"

Akane slowly stood up. "I did have a dream recently that I didn't understand, but I think I do now." She turned around and faced me. "So, Kakashi?"

"Hmm?"

"You still have that kunai?" she asked. 

I smirked as I reached into my pouch, "Haven't been on a mission without it."