Chapter 2

The plane ride to the U.S., where the Black Moon Pack is, was very interesting. 

Coming from Italy, where most of the population is vampires to America, where werewolves and witches and all sorts of mythical creatures live. Is a big change. America is a mixture of everyone. Humans can go with anyone, witches can marry goblins. But the one unspoken rule is that a vampire and a werewolf can never  be together. 

In Italy, there were no rules. Everyone loved anyone. Not America though.

So on the plane, not only was Ryan and I getting glares, but our children as well. And yes, I brought Reagan and Garrett. I do not trust babysitters at all. Some are shady as hell, and it's rare to find a good one.

The kids were oblivious to all the stares, continuing to play on their games and watch the plane's TVs. 

Ryan was holding my hand, squeezing it to comfort my nerves. But with my sensitive hearing, I heard all the whispers of  the other passengers. They kept saying how unnatural our relationship is. And the dumb humans said how weird it was to see a young woman with an older man and their kids.

It was a a little offsetting, but knowing Ryan was here with me made it all better. 

The flight was 13 hours of pure boredom. Vampires don't need sleep because they're already dead, so Ryan was reading novels the whole time. I tried to sleep, but nope, nothing came.

The pack elder was three rows ahead of us. Apparently Alpha Daxton didn't trust that we would actually go to the pack house.

When we landed, my body was stiff and I was not ready for anything. Reagan was half awake and half asleep while Garrett was knocked out.

We called a cab to drive us to our hotel, but there was already a car their in our name waiting for us. Elder Julie had explained that we were to stay in the pack house instead of the hotel. Her excuse was, "Alpha would feel more comfortable if you were safe." Like hell.

That bastard never cared when I was gone. He didn't even think of me. 

Ryan and I carried Reagan and Garrett inside with us as we sat in the car. And once again, another long ride. 

But instead of dead silence, Ryan and I had a lovely conversation about our honeymoon. Deciding whether or not to bring the kids or leave them at his parent's house. And which place to go to. It all was so wonderful. Knowing he cared about these little things as much as I do.  

Elder Julie kept her mouth shut the whole time. Probably not liking the fact I'm discussing my future with a vampire. 

Old hag.

In Italy, everyone was so understanding. I didn't even have to know them for them to be accepting of our love.

The car took a sudden stop, one harsh enough for me to jerk forwards in my seat belt. Ryan instantly went to my aid, as well as checking our kids. 

Reagan and I were fine, but little Garrett woke up from his nap and was now wailing. Elder Julie looked at him as if he was an annoying sin, causing the mother in me to growl.  

She snapped her head away. "We're here."