Prologue

The year 2050,  five scientists sit huddled over a computer speaking excitededly in hushed tones.  All around them is various equipment and tools they were able to buy with their bountiful funding, they were being paid quite a fortune for this project, though most of the money they received was bribery to keep the whole thing hushed up.

We did it!” whispers one scientist, a pudgy man in his mid-forties.  “After years of research finally created the perfect weapon.” He says, pushing his glasses back towards his face as they had begun to slide toward the bottom of his nose.  Three of the five nod in eager agreement, their faces lit dimly by the computer screen’s glow.   

 “She’ll be stronger than ten men!”

 “And smarter too!” the other two butt in enthusiastically.

 “And look at these neurons, all her reactions will be faster than any normal human’s by ten-fold!”

  The four scientists practically drool over their design model.  The design shows a depiction of the end result, a girl ideal for the use of the CIA or military.  The DNA is perfect, right down to the last nucleotide.

“Ofcourse we would have to make sure the right environmental factors influenced it so that it could reach it’s full potential.”  Puts in one.

“Yes, yes throughout its life span it would have to be controlled.” Silence ensues as they continue to stare proudly at the computer screen.

    “Imagine a whole army of them.”  Exclaims one, breaking the silence.

 “Ofcourse we’d have to start with a single experiment.” Another gloomily inputs.

  One lone scientist however continues to pore over the genetic modifications, refusing to get caught up in the other’s excitement.  His brow furrows worriedly.

“With all these modifications to her genetic structure,” he speaks quietly, ”Could she still be classified as human?”