True Nothingness

It began raining about thirty minutes into my now deflated rage/walk/hike. I felt a little bad about being a total bitch. I paused, surprised I could be so dumb. They were after my life. They kidnapped me. Twice.

I looked at a tree, debating whether or not to bang my head on it repeatedly. A cautioning memory poked at me, though, and I decided otherwise. Here comes the self-pity party.

I'm so dumb. For believing them, for ever believing in Oberon for even a second; for believing in Olivia. I'm cruel for not caring wheather or not my dad is alive, and really not caring if Daniel and mamá were worried about my safety. Tears stung my eyes, and a self accusatory lump in my thoat threatened to over take me. I felt like crap, my head was heavy, and I really, really had to pee

 I thought about how people treated the enviroment and how it affected Faeries. I've gotten pretty much nothing but grief from them, but still. I'm sure all Dryads aren't like Stella. I bet she's a total anomaly. Choping down Dryads didn't seem like such a great idea for obtaining a lousy piece of paper or coffee table. Heck, I may have one of her friend's 'corpse' just sitting in my living room back in New York.

I pushed that thought out my head. I thought about a youtube video with an extremely intoxicated girl "perculating" on a table. I started laughing, regretting it immediately. As soaked as I may be, peeing myself wasn't a good idea in the least. I walked further along, face red, to find a clearing. The trees parted, making way for a lake. There was a lot of mist, so I figured It'd be okay to wash off here, even though I had no dry clothes to change into. I peeled off my clothes and jumped in, surprised to find the water warm.

Cautious, I slipped deeper into the water scrubbing myself nervously. I beat my clothes with stoned, washing feverishly. A cool, deep voice rang out in a luminous, dark slither. Beautiful silver-gray eyes scanned my body. Those protruding eyes were connected to a cherry red smirk, a long, pale, muscular body, and a long ankh-looking thing.

"I just knew you'd be my..." he looked me up and down, licking his lips. "Flavor." He chuckled, and every midnight black strand of hair shifted like chimes in the wind 

He sniffed the air tentatively. "Mmmm," he wisped. "Virgin."

Fudge.

I dove deep into the water, thrustung my arms and pushing my body through the murky water. I don't know why I'm so alarmed, but i am, and I'm not dumb enough to underestimate a beautiful man licking his lips at me after everything I've been through.

I kick as fast as I can, but it's futile. The man efortlessly swims into view, eyes wide open, chest rising and falling.

He can breathe underwater.

I swing my arms, trying to push away from him, but he glides toward me like a bird sweeping down to land its prey. His face is too close for any kind of comfort. My heart begins to beat so loud my hands tremble. I look at my pale brown skin and see that my image is shifting. In my surprise, I gasp.

Big mistake. Too late, though. I'm out like a candle light drowned in it's own wax.

I could hardly lift my eye lids when I surfaced to a barely concious state. My body felt lighter, and, as far as I could tell, I had no sense of direction. Wherever I was, there was no light-I couldn't see the red of my closed eyelids. I could hear the steady dripping of strangled water droplets, like a faucet, on a hard surface area.

I tried to move, twitch-anything to see if I could get a real feel for where I was, but it was no good. I couldn't even muster a whimper in a barely audible protest. I wasn't even sure, myself, that I was breathing. It's almost lonely. I waited for what seemed like the passage of weeks to months or minutes to hours. I time became a radical notion, an odd theory in the grand scheme of breath. I was alone with cotton-filled numbed up thoughts, clouded memories gliding over me like a mist of barely concious heart beats of a reality so silly, so minor, so insignificant it seemed like spitting on life. A joke.The only thing reminding me I existed was the constant vibration in the back of my head-not enough to keep time, but enough to know I was here.

Later, now, when, where, whatever-the vibration, like protruding heat, spread to my back.

More disipitating fidelities fiddled absently with my mind, now so insignificant it was almost incomprehensable.

The vibration felt warm, almost hot. It spread to the back of my legs.

Now I was fideling with thoughts and memories. The heated vibrations took over my entire body, and the word loose rose sluggishly in my mind.

loose, loose, loose, I thought. Loosy goose. Geese, gross, gloss, weat, rocks, mother, Earth. Why? Colors. Small. Too small thinking. No more small thoughts. Air, hair, life, death. What is the meaning of life if death snatches its being away? Why live in the first place when all we do is silly, small, meaningless things? Gossip, fodder, trodder, smodder, flodder, bodder, bodder.

Why bother to clash? Why interact with liquid emotion? Heat, sweet, gone, fawn, small, large, barge. Wings. Unbridled illusions of freedom relate. No wings, flight. No more illusion.

Fusion, musion, music, bones, home. Home. An enclosed illusion of safety. An unreasonable inconstant inconsistancy. Why? Why do people need so much? Water, food, anger, love. Connections without reason. So needy. So useless. Illogical. Illusion, once more. Comforting shut-offs to the answer. Why? Because the answer is to large, to truthful, it beats the fear of death out of the water.

Why?

Because understanding, truly understanding would be too logical and frightening. Understanding everything would be the same as signing you fate to Letus.

Ragged breathing. It felt like i was breathing, every molecule of air scraping my esophegus down to my lungs. But somehow, oddly enough, I was almost completely sure I haven't breathed in a while.

The sound of a door closing and footsteps clamouring into somewhere, a room maybe, startled me. Laughter, conversation.

"Yessss," A sharp voice eclaimed. "Finally got thissss sssstupid thing to a high enough frequenccccy." Worry jumped it's way faintly into my stomach, battling through an irritating layer of relaxation. More clamouring. "Ssssooo," the voice dragged out. "You're awake. I mussst tell the massster. But firsssst, I'd think it'd be more appropriate if I..." it trailed off, maddeningly.

What? What was-

A loud noise, and I jolted. Surprised and captivated in my own wonderment, I felt my eye lids quiver just only slightly. I could've imagined it, really. I tried wrestling them open, then gave up, still unable to aid my effort with my hands. Moments later a rapid succesion of words came from the first voice, explaining what happened, then all of the sudden, shattering glass. The sound of water rushing through a large container shocked me, and I felt a far away sensation of falling, like in a dream.

My body flew about, and I'm pretty sure I hit something. Numbing warmth swallowed me, and far away air brushed my skin.

"You idiot!" A man's voice. Strong, smoky and sneaky-