Ripskin

My dreams were pleasant, and sweet, and intoxicating. It didn't include hot boys or any of that good old teenage stuff. It was just me in my parent's cabin near the lake in Connecticut, and  it was raining outside. I was... happy. My face exuded complete confidence and content and I just looked all around way more homey. I was waiting for someone to get back. I knew because I kept looking out the window with purpose, instead of staring in awe at the beauty of a rainy day in the woods.

My hand absently went to a locket, and that's when I noticed; I was huge. With a baby. Or probably two-I was bigger than a tractor. I had a white sweater on with nice, comfy looking sweats and fluffy slippers. Some of my hair was pulled back with a feather, and it was longer and it silkier and done really nice with those movie curls you always see on female Disney stars.

That couldn't be me. Maybe it was my grandma and I'm having a dream about when she was pregnant with mom. Everyone always said I looked exactly like Grammy when she was my age. Even her senile friend, Edna, calls me Rosa.

You're not my baby.

Right. Grammy isn't my Grammy. If tears could fill my eyes, they would have and I would have broken down right there and then. The only thing I could really hold on to the small chance that when Daniel said when you cam out, he meant of mom. When I really think about it, nobody ever really had any stories of when I was born. Dad only ever said mom had a home birth, and her sister was her midwife, but Anita died a month after I was born so I never got the chance to milk her for any information.

My look-alike Grammy paced back and forth. At one point, she froze completely, and I felt a sudden chill down my spine. She grabbed a knife, the stew she was making now at a boil, bubbling a giving off a sweet scent that particularly caught my interest. Then I scolded myself for being so hungry at the wrong time. Pregnant lady with a knife in my dreams, ready to go all Madea on anything that walked through that threshold.

There was a creak, and the sound of rain. Then the scene shifted, as if someone threw cold water all over my mind, if that's possible. Grammy now had black hair like feathers, with a purple feather which had a giant quill holding some of her hair back and some of her hair was beaded. Her skin was a lush silver.

I dreamed gasped (I guess you could call it that). She didn't even flinch. A little tattoo danced underneath her eye. Her lips were the color of hard metal, and her eyes were the color of what I'd imagine to be liquid metal. She wasn't fat, but she wasn't totally anorexic either. She looked like the poster Elf for health. Nothing seemed to be imperfect or wrong with her. Her abdomen was slightly outwardly curved, but that was about it. She was perfectly proportioned; fat and muscle complemented each other nicely.

In two words she has a 'nice body,' and in one, she's voluptuous. I'd never seen something so... perfect. It was unnerving, to be honest.

Anyway, the door had creaked open. Soft footsteps pranced on the edge of my imagination, and the suspense was so thick it'd take a chainsaw to cut it. A deep throated laughter sounded from the other side of the cabin, and I took that as a bad thing. The silver woman looked worried, and I knew something bad was going to happen. "Elise, dear, you think you can defy the law of the Fey? It took me so long to find you. You already know from the old stories I've only ever failed once before, and I do not intend to fail once more." His voice was dark, creepy, and reminded me of the sound of an old piece of wood slowly being bent to the point of breaking.

"Ripskin," The woman said. She sounded a bit too cautious, as if she weren't entirely sure she could take him. "I will make sure that I'll go down in history as your second failure." A tall, dark figure, peered out through the threshold.

Rotten laughter echoed throughout the cabin. "Now, let's see about that. You know I never go back on my dealings, woman." He launched himself at her, at a more than inhuman speed, and she lunged at him.

I was jolted awake.