Justin Time - Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Justin and Olivia both reappeared in the base they noticed a grim face was fixed on Clockwork's face. They followed his gazed and saw the refrigerator wasn't placed in the exact same spot as it was before. Instead it landed right on the couch and crushed it. Justin and Olivia quickly exchanged glances and pointed an accusing finger at the other person.

"While that is a tragic accident indeed, that's not the reason for the grim face." Clockwork said, throwing a newspaper at them. It slid and rested at their feet. Justin picked it up and read the headline.

"Top news, Roman Coliseum, 87 B.C, we have Nano. Surrender." Under the headline was a picture of Nano, he was tied up and there was a knife next to his head. Olivia grabbed the paper from Justin and read it herself. She then threw the paper down and walked over to a cabinet. She pulled out a long sheathed blade. She then looked over at Justin.

"Coming?" She asked. He nodded and they looked over at Clockwork.

"I guess I'm coming too." Clockwork said. "To make sure you guys don't get yourself killed." But Olivia wasn't listening. She was already gone. Clockwork extended a hand to Justin.

"I'm going to try it myself," Clockwork nodded and Justin focused on the date and place. He clapped his hands together and shot forward into the space his hand connected. He reappeared right next to Milli. She didn't look over at him. She was focused on the crowd in front of her. There were a few people surrounding Nano. In front of them all was Shadow, glaring right back at Milli. Clockwork appeared right behind Justin.

"Shadow," he growled. He then ran at him, snapping out his blades as he ran. A second later everyone else ran at the gang. Justin and Milli quickly joined in. Justin snapped his fingers and time shifted the first guy he saw a few feet away from the coliseum. He flew a few feet before hitting the ground with a sickening crunch. Justin kicked a few more people out of his way and fought up to where Milli was. They stood back to back and took out everyone that came close to them, knocking them off the coliseum. The numbers were small to begin with so it didn't take long to destroy them all. They finally turned and saw Clockwork in a standoff with Shadow.

"Where is my sister?" He finally asked.

"You want her?" Shadow said, his voice cold and deep. "Then you'll have to get through me."

"Sounds like a plan." Clockwork said running at him, Justin followed to help. Clockwork ran and spun his staff, trying to sweep his legs. Shadow was faster; he snapped his fingers and reappeared behind Clockwork throwing a kick at his back. He sensed it and spun back blocking it with his staff. Shadow pushed the staff to the ground and kicked him back with the other foot. Clockwork took a few steps back and tried to regain his balance. He got it back but he was dangerously close to the edge when he got it. Shadow came in for the final kill and was about to push him off. Suddenly, Justin came flying out of nowhere and tackled Shadow out of the way. They both rolled to the ground and slowly got up to their feet. Clockwork got back up and got behind Shadow, Justin in front. Justin ran up and tried to pick up Clockwork's staff. He ran at Shadow and at the last moment slid under his legs. He got up and dove at the weapon. At the last minute, Shadow appeared right by it and picked it up.

"I'll take that, thanks." Shadow said, swinging the staff at Justin. He quickly dodged it by doing a back hand spring. Clockwork ran up behind him and tried to throw a few punches. Shadow blocked as many as he could with his staff but it was pushing him back. That gave Justin an idea and he snapped his fingers. He ended up right behind Shadow. Clockwork threw another punch which pushed Shadow back. He took a step and collided into Justin's out stretched foot. Shadow quickly lost balance and fell flat on his back. Justin leaned over him.

"It seems like you underestimated us." Justin said. Shadow quickly snapped his fingers and ended up behind Justin.

"No, It seems that you underestimated me." Shadow said. He spun the blade and stabbed it right into Justin's back. Justin fell on to his knees, then landed flat on his face. Justin Time was dead.