Chapter 1-Wake up Call

I wake up to a ringing sound beeping throughout my bedroom. I gaze over at my alarm clock. Ugh it's 6:30 already. I hit my alarm and roll out of bed into the bathroom. I turn on the shower and get undressed. I hop in the shower, the steaming water feels so good against my cool skin. I close my eyes as I feel the hot water lightly drench over me.

   I finally get cleaned up and get out of the shower. I put on a towel and walk into my room. I lay down on the bed. I glance over at the clock. It's only 7:00. I turn my head to look up at the ceiling fan. I close my eyes, I feel so relaxed and calm I don't think anything could ruin this.
"Lauren Elizabeth get down here!" My mother yells from downstairs. I guess I spoke too soon.
   I roll my eyes and walk over to the stairs.
"What Mom!?"
"Get down here."
  I walk down the stairs.
"What the hell Lauren why aren't you dressed?" My mom asks
"It's only 7:00."
"Um... To hell it is" She says pointing at the microwave clock
"Shit, Daylight savings I forgot to set my clock forward."
"Well, you better hurry you have 15 minutes to be at school" She says crossing her arms

  I run up the stairs and put on some leggings and my boyfriend's sweatshirt. I walk into the bathroom and put my hair up in a ponytail. I don't even have time to dry my hair. I run downstairs and throw on some vans and grab my bag and keys and I'm out the door. I get in my car and start it. The clock says 8:45.
"Great, I'm fucking late again." I sigh
I slowly back out of my drive way and down the street to school.