Disney Star 4ever Chapter 4

I woke up twitching and screaming. I immediately heard footsteps, and a stampede of elephants barged into my room. I pulled the cover up to my chin and cried. I was shaking. Jesse was leading the group, and he fell onto my bed. "Miley? What's wrong?" he whispered as he snaked one arm around my shoulders. "Another... nightmare..." I panted.

"Okay, you're fine, it was just a dream," he soothed me.

"You okay, Miley?" Cory asked. I nodded at him.

"Just a bad nightmare," I said with a weak smile.

"Oh, well we heard you scream, we didn't want anybody raping you or anything." I fought with myself not to cry harder.

"Okay, well thanks," I told them. "You guys can go back to sleep." I held onto Jesse's hand though. "Will you stay with me?" I asked curling into his side.

"Of course," he replied, and he pulled the covers over himself. I laid down too, and I snuggled deep into Jesse's side and let the tears fall. "Shhh, Miley, it's okay, just a dream." He laughed. "You really need to lay off the snacks before bed." I laughed with him.

"Mmm, can I have crackers?" I joked.

"Okay, go to sleep," Jesse said, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me close to him. I fell asleep quickly, only to be awakened what seemed like a few seconds later. I felt someone shaking me, and I automatically lept away. "Shh, Miley, it's just me, Jesse," a soothing voice assured me.

"J-j-jesse?" I stuttered, reaching my hand out.

"Yes, just me," I felt something touch my hand, and I pulled it away. I slowly made my way over to Jesse, and he pulled me as soon as I was close enough. "It was just another nightmare, Miley," he said. I broke down crying. "Shh, it's okay," he calmed me.

"You don't have to do this, you know," I told him.

"Do what?" he asked.

"Sleep with me every time I have a nightmare."

"But... I mean... you want me to, right?"

"Of course!" I exclaimed. "But you know, I'm 18. A legal adult. I caan take care of myself."

"The way you've been twitching and whimpering in your sleep it doesn't seem like it."

"Ouch, that was a little harsh," I commented.

"I'm sorry. But... I don't know... I like having you depend on me out of everyone else. It makes me feel special. 'Sides, I don't want you to have a really scary nightmare, and be all alone," he replied.

"Awh, that's sweet of you, Jesse," I yawned.

"Umm... thank you or your welcome, whichever is approppriate. Now get some sleep," Jesse commanded. I nodded and snuggled against his bare chest. He wrapped his arms around me, and before I fell asleep, I thought. I don't know, but I might be falling for Jesse. And then, I was out like a light.