Disney Star 4ever Chapter 3

When I woke up, there was an arm wrapped around my waist. Recalling what had happened last night, I immediatley jumped up turned to face my attacker. I relaxed when I saw Jesse's panicked face, and I ran back towards him. "Oh, Jesse! I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, tears falling down my face.

"Shh, it's okay, Miley," he hushed me.

"I'm sorry!" I said again. "It's just I was having a dream that I was attacked and..."

"Miley," Jesse said firmly, looking me straight in the eye, "it's okay."

"I'm sorry," I said again, curling into Jesse's chest. He rubbed my back and comforted me.

"Hey, are you hungry?" he asked. My stomach growled loudly in reply. "I'm gonna take that as a yes, c'mon." He took my hand and pulled me from the couch and into the small kitchen.

 "Wait, where's the rest of the band and my dad?" I asked Jesse. He was pouring some cereal into bowls, and he looked up to check his watch. "Well, it's 2:00, so they're probably setting up for tonight's concert."

"Oh, right." I said, taking a bite out of the cereal that Jesse had set in front of me. "Wait," I thought. "Why aren't you with them? You have to do the stuff for the drums, too."

"Yeah, well," he looked down, and I could tell he was blushing. "I can do it tonight before, and plus, I didn't wanna wake you up," he mumbled.

"Awh, Jesse," I replied. "That's so sweet of you!"

"It was nothing, really," he said, easily dismissing it. He had taken a seat beside me, and he looked sorta uncomfortable. "No seriously." I said sternly. "Thanks." Jesse blushed again and twiddled his thumbs. "You're welcome." I smiled at him before inhaling the rest of my cereal.

"Well, I'm gonna go get ready," I said, smiling at him.

"Okay," Jesse replied. "I'll be out here when you're done." I smiled and gave him a small kiss on the cheek before skipping off to my bedroom. Yes, skipping. I was showering when I looked down at my hand. I was still wearing my purity ring. With a flood of tears, as soon as I got out of the shower, I surrendered it to my jewelry box, never to be worn again. I definitely wanted to stay covered up, so I wore a pair of boot-cut jeans and a black tank top. Over the tank top, I wore a loose over shirt that said 'You break it, you buy it.' I slipped into my clothes and brushed my hair back. I straightened it, and then pulled it into a high, tight ponytail. Of course, my stylist was going to make me change it before the show tonight, but I didn't care. It was good for rehearsal. I pulled on some two inch heeled bootlings (that's what I call short boots) and I walked out of my room. "Okay, ready," I said. Jesse was dressed too, in dark denim jeans and a short sleeved Abercrombie shirt. "Let's go!" he replied, and we walked out of the tour bus and into the bright sunlight. Our tour bus was literally parked directly behind the auditorioum, so Jesse and I just walked up some steps and we were backstage. "Good morning! Ahem, afternoon!" I shouted cheerfully, putting on the best mask that I could. Ryan, Lance, Cory, Chance, and Dad all looked up when I yelled. "Good morning, sleeping beauty," Cory, the keyboard-ist teased me. I popped him the P, and walked on stage. I looked out at the hundreds of seats that were all supposed to be filled tonight. "Well you wanna run through the show for tonight, baby girl?" my dad asked me giving me a side-hug.

"Sure, but I'm not exactly a baby anymore," I told him. That was supposed to mean that not only was I bigger, but I was no longer innocent.

"You are to me," he replied, completely over looking the meaning. Ryan gave me a slight glare and made the 'cut throat' motion, by drawing his index and middle finger over his neck. I winced and quickly turned away. Then, I turned to address the entire band. "Okay, so we're starting with...?"I quizzed them.

"I Love Rock 'n' Roll," they responded in unison.

"Awh, I've trained you so well!" I teased them. "Okay, let's run it," I said seriously. Jesse started the drum beat, and I put my hands above my head. "I saw him dancin' there by the record machine..." I sang the entire song, having fun and acting crazy the whole time. All the band and me burst out into applause when the song stopped. "I think that was our best one yet!" I squealed in the microphone. The band laughed but nodded their heads. So that afternoon, we went through our entire set before the boys went back to the tour bus to change, and I was dragged off by my personal stylist. "Awh, missy!" I complained.

"Oh, shush," she commented.

"You like how much I hate this stuff," I said, picking up a case of eyeshadow and dropping it disgustedly. Missy just rolled her eyes at me. "Sadistic vampire," I muttered under my breath. Missy just laughed, and I attempted to swing my hand backwards and hit her... but I miserably failed. Missy cracked up at that. "Oh, shut up," I muttered. Soon, I had my heavy black make-up on again, and my hair was straight as a stick. I walked back to the tour bus and pounded on the door. "GUYS!" I yelled.

"What?" I heard one of them yell back.

"Get your butts decent, cuz I'm coming in in ten seconds!" I heard someone fall, and I laughed. "Three... two... one!" I exclaimed and pushed the door open. Cory was in the floor, and Lance was on top of them.  I stepped over them and collapsed onto the couch. "God, Miley, why you all up in our business?" Chance joked.

"I live here too, ya know," I pointed out.

"Yeah, but you're cruelly over ruled by guys," Lance pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah. I suffer in silence on a daily basis." I shot Ryan a subtle look. He didn't look like he caught it. Huh. Good. At 7:45, I pushed all the guys out the door, and we all waited backstage until we heard the final notes of 'I Hate the Homecoming Queen' disappear. Emily Osment, my co-star and best friend on Hannah Montanna walked backstage. We hugged quickly, and she wished me good luck before she disappeared, probably until the next concert. "Alright, we've got a great show tonight," my dad introduced. I felt the faint butterflies I get before every concert start to emerge, but I swallowed them. "Now who wants to see Miley Cyrus?!" Wow, I had completely missed the whole beginning by my dad... Great! Hehe. Anyway, at the mention of my name, I could hear the crowd blast through the state of New Mexico. My dad ran backstage, and my band emerged. Again, the crowd went crazy, and I could hear Jesse cue them in. I walked out a few seconds later with my hands above my head. The audience started clapping like I had cued them, and I began to sing. "I saw him standin' there by the record machine..." I loved the song 'I Love Rock 'n' Roll' by Joan Jett, and I was sooo happy to do a cover of it.

        We closed the concert with 'Kickin' and Screamin'' and I again disappeared before any crazed fans could attack me. I happily slipped into the tour bus, and minutes later, the rest of the band came running in, and they slammed the door behind them. "What? Your butts on fire?" I teased them. They all shook their heads and put their hands on their knees. They were panting. "What'd you guys do, run around the auditorium three times. They all nodded. "Super..." Lance started.

"Psycho," Chance added.

"Crazy," Ryan threw in.

"Miley," Cory added.

"Fans," Jesse finished.

"Oh, well thank you!" I said giving them all a grin. I threw them all water bottles which they all caught gratefully... except for Cory. It hit him square in the knutz. "Oh my gosh! Sorry Cory!" All the guys were sniggering as Cory curled up in pain. He waved his hand and curled into a fetal position. I couldn't help but giggle. "Okay, I'm going to bed," I said, waving at them.