Chapter 3 -- Sherlock

Hi readers,

I changed a few things, fixed up a few potential future plot holes that sort of stuff.

221B BAKER ST,

LONDON, ENGLAND

9 JANUARY 2010

Sherlock was getting suspicious. There was no sign of the flat having been lived in recently; no fresh food and all of the clothes were clean. Another strange thing was that the eyeballs in the microwave had been replaced with glass ones and the head in the fridge with a wax model. The thing that was really making him worried though, was that John had effectively vanished. Sherlock had tried his mobile multiple times but he wasn’t even getting voicemail. As well as that, when he rang the office at St Bartholomew's Hospital, they said that they didn’t know a Dr Watson.

After an hour of sitting around the flat, Sherlock decided to go downstairs to see if Mrs Hudson had left a note when she’d gone out.

As he reached the door to the landlady’s flat, Sherlock knew that something was wrong. He found out just how bad it was as soon as he opened the door. None of Mrs Hudson’s things were there. Instead, there was just a bookshop. A very nice, homey bookshop though it was, Sherlock did not want a bookshop.

Suddenly Sherlock remembered the little notebook that was inside the package. He hadn’t payed much attention to it at the time, being too preoccupied with John’s whereabouts, but now he realized that it most likely held an explanation for the very confusing situation that he found himself in. Franticly he dashed upstairs and pulled open the plastic bag.

Dear Sherlock, the notebook read

I'm not quite sure how to explain what has happened, so I guess I'll just tell you what you need to do from now on. Inside this package is all you need. The credit card's passcode is 5646 and the account has a large sum of money, but Mycroft isn't monitoring it so be careful; don't waste it. The best thing to do would be use the false identity, (no doubt you have seen what is in Mrs Hudson's flat) and set yourself up as a consulting detective. Just whatever you do, DON'T GET BORED.

Don’t go looking for John, or anyone else. They are all gone. There is still a homeless network though. The contact will ask for spare change, you have to ask what for, and they will reply “Cup of tea, of course.”

That is all that you need to know for the moment.

Make sure you are gone by 9:00 as that’s when the owner of the book shop arrives.

Sherlock decided that the only logical thing to do would be what the letter said.