Loved

(I'm sorry this took so long! I've had no time to write with school and piano. ;A;
Thank you again Minepearl for another great oneshot idea!)

You were sitting on the couch at Papyrus' house. He had invited a lot of his friends over. It's almost Christmas and Papyrus was too excited to wait to give you all your presents. You thought it was so cute when the monsters had showed the humans their putting gifts under a tree tradition, not knowing we already do that.

You glanced over at the pine tree in the corner, decorated with bones and spaghetti. There was only a few presents under the tree. Maybe five or so. You looked over at the kitchen, where everyone was gathered, talking and laughing. You felt your smile droop. They were out here earlier, but at some point, everyone moved to the kitchen, not once looking or talking to you. I guess it's to be expected when they're monsters and I'm the only human. That thought didn't help the pit in your stomach. Sighing, you stood up and grabbed your jacket before heading over to the front door. You glanced back at the kitchen, but still, nobody looked at you. Silently, you opened the door before walking out into the cold night, making your way back to your empty home.

Thrusting your hands into the pockets, your eyelids drooped and the pit of loneliness seemed to grow. Your head dropped to your chest and you continued to trudge through the snow. I knew I shouldn't have gone. Papyrus has so many friends and those presents must've been for them. Yeah. Papyrus and I have only been friends for a year. They've known each other for who knows how long. He hadn't even talked to me all afternoon. Maybe he doesn't want to be friends with me anymore. Whatever. I'm used to it. You thought bitterly as you stepped into the apartment building.

You closed the door behind you with a sigh and shed your coat, throwing it somewhere. Despite what you thought earlier, the thought of no longer being friends with Papyrus was enough to break your heart. You flopped onto your couch and pulled open your laptop, deciding to drown your thoughts with some YouTube.

Before you could click on a video, you heard a knock at the door. Sighing once again, you stood up to answer it. Your eyes opened wide when you saw Papyrus standing in front of you. "P-Papyrus? Why are you-?" Your voice drifted off when you saw him holding something. A present. It was very small. You looked up to see Papyrus' face was a bright orange and concern written all over his face.

"HUMAN! WHY DID YOU LEAVE?" You looked away with guilt.

"You were having fun with your friends and I didn't want to get in your way." You mumbled and shifted uneasily.

"I SEE. I'M SORRY HUMAN. I MADE YOU FEEL UNWELCOME." You didn't say anything because it kind of was true. "MAY I COME IN?" Papyrus asked, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"Y-Yeah. Sure. Come on in." You stepped to the side to let the tall skeleton in, trying not to make eye contact. He held out the tiny gift.

"I-IT'S FOR YOU, H-HUMAN!" He sounded really flustered. You stared at it for a moment before taking it and carefully unwrapping it. It was a small, black, satin box. You've seen this box so many times in movies, you knew what this was. Your eyes snapped up to Papyrus and took a step back.

"Wh-What...?" Are you proposing to me?! is what you wanted to ask, but your voice wouldn't say it.

"HUMANS GIVE THESE TO PEOPLE THEY LOVE, RIGHT?" You looked back down at the box and gave a small nod. Your face was completely red.

"A-Are you asking me t-to m-m-marry you...?" You finally managed to stutter out.

Papyrus' eye sockets seemed to somehow bulge and he waved a gloved hand in front of his face dismissively. "N-NO! I DON'T MEAN THAT I WON'T-!! I MEAN-! THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEAN!!!" You touched Papyrus' hand, immediately making him stop his rant and he looked at you. You gave him a reassuring smile.

"I-It's alright. I'm not ready to get married anyway." You scratched your cheek with embarrassment. Opening the box, you took the simple diamond ring and slid it onto your finger. "It's beautiful... Thank you." You breathed and hugged Papyrus, feeling him hugging you back.

"YOU'RE WELCOME HUMAN! BUT, TO ME, YOU ARE MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE RING." You looked back up at Papyrus and reached up, planting a kiss on his teeth. You giggled when you felt Papyrus tense up slightly. Pulling away, you hugged him tightly again, wishing the two of you could stay in this moment forever.