t h r e e

"Connor, is that you?" You could not believe your eyes. Many long months have passed since Connor's last visit to Boston, now he's finally decided to come back. This time was different, however. He was different. He had changed so much, that you felt like a century has passed, not only few months. He was all grown up, you could definitely tell. His was far more taller than the last time you saw him, there was almost two heads gap between the two of you. You have never seen such a tall young man in Boston before. He was no longer that little nervous boy you remembered. He was well-built and you saw something in his eyes. It was unfamiliar, yet you somehow felt like you knew that feeling it gave you. Many things had to happen to him when he was away, you thought.

For a while you were both glancing into each other's eyes, he was silent, as if searching for something, his eyes traveled across your face. Then, finally, his lips stretched into very familiar wide grin which brought warm feeling into your guts. Yes, he is Connor. He came closer, you were so small and petite compared to his giant frame. One of his large palms took your small one, just like the last time. You could not believe that he was finally back, back in Boston.

"What are you doing here?"

"I have a job here, but I am glad to see you again." His voice was so mature, so confident. It was deeper than the last time you heard him and it felt so nice in your ears. He was still that young man that was written in your memory, there still was something of that young, curious and shy boy inside of him; you could feel it very well.

"You have changed." You eyed him from head to toes once again. His masculine form, those muscles, dark skin and wild hair... He was a little bit different, yet still the same. His clothes were different, you noticed, that he was carrying weapons on him. You had heard some rumors about him and old Achilles Davenport. Davenport was training the boy, they said. But now, when you could see him for your own eyes you had finally understood that this young Mohawk had changed. He was stronger, there was something radiating out of him, you felt it the first moment you laid your eyes on him.

Even though he had some duties in Boston, he also made sure to make time for you. The last time your goodbyes were so rushed. If you claimed that you did not miss him, it would be a huge lie. His presence was so pleasant; it felt very good being around him. You absolutely did not mind curious stares from the people of Boston. They did not like that a girl like you was walking the streets with someone like Connor. But you did not care what others thought. It was not important, the only important thing there was the feeling he gave you, the feeling you felt thanks to him.

"Something big will happen in Boston tonight." He told you, when you both were sitting on a stairs of your house. You surprised eyes bore into him, but he did not reciprocate your glance. He was looking at the distance, his eyes were not focused at all, he was deep in his thoughts, you had a feeling that he was not present at that moment, he was thinking about future, about what he was supposed to do.

"It will be dangerous. You have to be very careful." His words were laced with mystery. They sparked even bigger fire of curiosity inside of you. You nodded, however. Yes, I promise I will be careful. But you have to take care of yourself too, Connor.

* * *

The date was 16the of December 1773. Your eyes were watching Connor along with other citizens of Boston. They seized vessels of West-Indies and dumped all of the boxes full of tea into the ocean. Colonists were disguised as Mohawks and under the lead of Sir Samuel Adams they all demonstrated against high taxes and British oppression. You had known Sir Adams since your childhood. He was a good man, brave on and Connor was with him. Shouts and chatter were spreading through the whole harbor and people were encouraging demonstrators, all of them wanting justice and liberty. You also wanted to be part of this important historical event, despite the fact that it was quite dangerous to be there, just like Connor had told you. Your curiosity made you to come along with other colonists and demonstrate. No one wanted to be left during this crucial demonstration.

You knew why they were doing this. Every single person was fed up with British ascendance over American colonies and their people. Every person had right to be free and freedom was the thing that everyone was fighting for. They oppressed against English Kingdom, they no longer wanted to be their slaves and their puppets, it was unspeakable. Taxes were too high and British soldiers – redcoats, as you all called them - were too merciless. This was the reason you appeared among other citizens and agreed with Sir Adams. You felt a glimpse of pride inside, when you saw Connor. He was fearless and determined to do anything to gain liberty and independence. The real fights were about to begin, but this was the first step. The first step in the war for independence, you knew that there was war coming. And Connor would be a huge part of this war. You were sure of it.

Your eyes met each others for a while. Despite dark and the distance you knew that he was aware of you watching him. He knew that you understood why and you were grateful. The new feeling inside of you forced you to think again, to consider. You felt admiration. Yes, you admired that young Mohawk man, his braveness, his fierceness and you felt attracted to it. Not only you. The rest of the citizens as well. You knew that he would make lots of enemies, everyone who was not afraid to stand out and fight for good thing would. It was natural.

"You are a hero, Connor," your whispers spread through the cold December evening and your eyes were watching him fighting those who deserved it. He protected those, who needed it. And he fought for liberty not only for him, but for you too. For your whole country.