Chapter 3

(Rory William’s POV)                                         

"But he is here, right?"

"Yes, but you won't recognize him," I said.

"I know, I know. Is he... the same person anymore?"

"Rose, I never knew him before how he is now. But for some reason I doubt it."

"Rose, you remember how it was last time he regenerated," said Captain Jack.

She sighed, "Yeah I know... Let’s just find him."

"We can't," Jack slammed my room's door, "the tributes aren't allowed in contact with anyone but the capitol now."

"But everyone came in to the hotel!"

“But have you seen anyone since then? We’ve been completely separated from them!” I dropped down to the bed and put my head in my hands.

“We have no way of speaking to anyone who could help us, and no way of knowing if they're okay,” I said, practically shaking.

“...Who came with you Rory?” Rose said softly as she sat down next to me.

“My wife... Amy,” I look up, “And the Doctor- but I have a feeling he isn't from our time, probably quite a bit later than me.”

"Rose, we need to go."

"Why?" She asked.

"They're going to start looking for us if we don't get to our floors soon."

She sighed, "Okay. Goodbye Rory."

"Good luck guys."

"Good luck," said Jack.

(Frank Iero’s POV)

"...there are four compulsory exercises, the rest are individual training. My advice is, don't ignore the survival skills, everybody wants to grab a sword, but most of you will die from natural causes. 10% from infection, 20% from dehydration. Exposure can kill as easily as a knife..."

I am going to die. I am going to die and there is no way of getting around it. I can't kill someone; I just don't have it in me. Even if I was defending myself... And how could I possibly survive in the wilderness? I am scared half to death of spiders. I am going to die. So knowing that, there is only one thing I can do; help Gerard win.

"Hey Frank, where do we go first?" Gee asks.

"Um, let’s listen to the lady, survival skills I guess. There’s got to be a station having to do with getting water, right?"

We wandered about until we did find the place talking about getting and purifying water. We spent some time there and then wandered off to other places. The instructor was right, everyone wanted a sword. I think everyone was thinking the same thing, only one comes out. By this point instinct kicks in, and if you don't have enough logic to combat with it, you will end up trying to show your strength. But unlike everyone else, I know I can't win. And since my goal is to save someone else, the logic beats the instincts.

We learned about poisonous plants, tying knots, hunting, how to make fires and everything else we could get our hands on. Gee's an artist, so camouflage was his thing. I just made sure we kept moving, to learn as much as we could.

Soon enough it was lunch. Everyone sat with one or two other people at separate tables. Some looked confidant, some looked terrified. Some looked like they were plotting. But everyone had the same look in their eyes. A look of loss, of sadness.