Chapter Fifteen// Laura's Party (Part 1)

Considering I no longer have a social life- no boyfriend, no party to go to, no other friend than Lacy- I decide to scrap my plans of doing nothing this evening and instead call my best friend to invite her over for a sleepover.

"Lacy!" I chirp when she finally picks up.

"What's up?" She asks, not sounding as lively as I am. In fact, her voice is shaking.

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah, yeah. Umm why, why are you ringing?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over for a sleepover tonight? I'm sorry I turned your offer down the other day so I wanted to make it up to you," I beam, really needing a girls night in at the moment.

My mom is currently visiting a friend in another state at the moment so it's very boring being home alone. She did say that Lacy is welcome to come over anytime so it's not like I'm breaking any rules.

"Oh, I'm sorry Paige. But I'm busy tonight. I already have plans."

"Oh, that's ok," I accept the fact I will be spending the night alone, again. "What are you doing?" If I can't leave the house, I might as well hear what Lacy is up to.

"Oh I'm... Me and my mom we're... You know..."

"Well I don't know because you haven't told me," I giggle, wanting to lighten up the mood. I cross my legs on the couch and pick up my mug of hot chocolate. The marshmallows float on top of the cream, the steam dancing into the air up to my nose.

"Hahaha yeah. Well I have to go. But I'll see you on Monday. Byeeee!"

The line goes dead.

With a long sigh, I turn my phone over and switch on the TV via the remote. What a surprise: nothing is on. I take a sip of my drink but instantly pull away with a hiss as it burns my tongue. A sharp pain tingles in my mouth, my reflex spilling a bit of the drink down myself.

"Ouch," I waft my hand in front of my mouth- not that it'll help at all. I place my mug back down on the coaster and rush to the kitchen. By now my tongue has cooled down and the bleeding has stopped. With some kitchen paper I am able to mop up the spillage on my top. There is no stain. I open the fridge in hunt for some milk to reduce the heat of my drink, but I can't find any. "Where is it?" I hum to myself.

In the end I come to the conclusion that I have used up all the milk, meaning there is none left. Despite my mom's rule of not leaving the house until she returns Sunday evening, I have to make an exception because I will need milk for my cereal tomorrow morning. So I might as well go now.

Not needing a coat as the air is pretty humid outside, I grab my phone and heeled boots and lock the front door behind me. It isn't a very long walk to the nearest store. Quite frankly I have no idea why mom didn't want me going out whilst she is away, I am after all seventeen. What does she expect to happen when I go away to collage?

About half way into my journey, my thoughts alive in my head, I stop at the foot of the road. Loud techno music vibrates the street and flashing lights reflect off all the house windows.

It doesn't take me much guessing to know what is going on.

Laura's party.

About three houses along from where I am standing, guests pile into the house where they enter conscious and left without their dignity intact. High school parties are like that, from when I was an item with Josh he had been invited to every party that has been thrown and I was always on his arm. We went together and that is how I have my own experiences.