Chapter 7

CHAPTER SEVEN

My hands were folded across my lap and I was fiddling with my thumbs as I sat on the edge of the bed waiting for Ashley to arrive. I was going to tell her about Colton and I as soon as she got back. I needed to be completely honest with her and wanted to tell her so that at dinner I wasn't feeling guilty the entire night. The sooner I told her, the better it would be.

"I'm back!" Ashley said in a sing song voice as she entered the hotel room. "What are you going to wear tonight? I heard were going to a fancy restaurant!"

"I know," I laughed. "You already told me."

She waived her hand dismissively. "Well, have you decided what you're wearing?"

"We don't exactly have anything fancy besides the dresses the guys bought us for the party."

"That's right... we should go shopping!"

I nodded, agreeing with her. "Yeah, we have a few hours to kill before it's around dinner time anyways."

"Well then let's go!"

"Wait."

Ashley stopped in her tracks at looked at me with a confused expression. "What?"

"I have something important that I've been meaning to tell you. I just wasn't sure how to say it."

"What is it? Elke whatever you want to tell me you can. You're my best friend and practically like my sister. I'm always here for you."

I smiled at her. "Thanks Ash. So I have a boyfriend."

"WHAT?! Who is he? Where is he? How did you meet him? How long have you been together?"

"Calm down and I will tell you everything," I laughed.

"Well you do know him for starters."

"Is he in Minnesota right now?"

I shook my head. "Nope, he's in California."

"Holy shit its Colton isn't it?!"

"Yes."

"I knew you had a thing for him but I didn't know that you felt this way about him. Oh my gosh Elke! I'm so happy for you two!" She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tight. "How long has this been going on?"

"Two months."

"Wow, I'm surprised you've kept this from me for so long."

"I know, I swear I didn't want to. I wasn't sure how you'd react so I kept it quiet."

"Does anyone else know?"

"Anthony might have caught Colton and I making out on the beach..."

"Oh."

"I asked him not to say anything because I thought it would be better if I was the one to told you. I didn't want Anthony to be out in a position where he had to keep something from you."

"It's okay, I understand. If the positions were switched I would want to be the one to tell you."

"So your not mad at me?"

Ashley shook her head. "No, I'm not. I might be a little upset that you felt like I wouldn't be okay with the two of you but other than that I'm really happy for you. Colton's a really great guy and he deserves someone as warm hearted and genuine as you."

"Thanks Ash, you're the best."

She shrugged her shoulders. "I try."

I laughed. "Well I should call Colton and tell him the news."