Prologue

Prologue

*One year ago*

"NICK! NICK! NICK! NICK!"

The crowd chanted Nick's name loudly, screaming at the top of their lungs. Nick felt every hair on his body stand out, his adrenaline rushing throughout his entire being. This was what he was made for: performing.

A hand clasped him on the back and he turned to his brother Joe Jonas. "Ready?" Joe yelled, his hand cupped over his mouth so that Nick could hear him.

Nick gave him his widest smile. Though he was not known for smiling often, he usually found himself doing it around his brothers. Family tends to do that to people. Allows them to lower their guard and embrace something as insignificant as crooked teeth.

"Is it weird that I only hear them chanting my name?" Nick asked, shouting over the loud chant of his name from the audience.

Kevin, the oldest brother in the Jonas Brothers, stepped beside both Joe and Nick and strum a cord on his electric guitar. "Listen, Nick, it's been how long since we've been on the stage together? The tension should be building. Me? I hear them chanting 'Kevin! Kevin! Kevin!'" Kevin makes a point to stab his fist in the air with every exclamation of his name. "It's normal and perfectly fine. I'm just so pumped!" He screamed suddenly and ran off, probably heading towards some kind of quick snack.

Nick could feel his heart beating in his chest. He decided to push away the anxious thoughts and focus on steadying his breathing. Nick let his eyes slide shut slowly.

"NICK! NICK! NICK!" The crowd chanted.

"We've got this!" Joe yelled.

Nick breathed in and out.

"JONAS! JONAS! JONAS!" The crowd screamed.

Drums started. Guitars strummed. Nick held his breath and counted to ten.

"THE JONAAAAS BROOOOTHERS!" The crowd erupted into deafening screams, Nick's ears blared to life and he opened his eyes.

"ONE! TWO! THREE!" He yelled at the same time as Joe and Kevin.

With all the adrenaline pumping through his veins, Nick ran out onto the stage with his brothers. The bright stage lights burned his eyes for only a brief moment.

"HELLO EVERYBODY!" Joe screamed into a mic, causing an even bigger uproar.

Nick ran to the edge of the stage and held his hands out to the crowd. "NICK!" They screamed, grabbing his hand briefly.

"Hello everybody!" Nick yelled into his face mic. "How's everybody doing?!"

Nick squinted into the crowd, trying to view as many fan faces as he could. His eyes settled onto the soft face of a girl with brown hair and blue eyes, seated a couple rows back. Her lips parted slightly at his glance and Nick stared at her.

"NICK!"

Suddenly everything went into hyper speed, blurring before Nick's eyes.

Hands grasped him, tugging him forward. His eyes widened at a spray bottle pointing at him. All the screaming seemed to quiet down as he watched the holder of the bottle squeeze down the trigger, releasing unknown chemicals into the air.

It was too quick for Nick to blink, to shield his eyes.

His eyes were wide open, taking the blast of chemicals fully.

Pain seared through Nick as he fell backwards onto the stage. Panic aroused around him. Hands grabbed him, pulling him in an unknown direction.

Nick screamed, his eyes feeling like fire had been lit beneath his lids.

Nick was rushed off stage and thrown under a water faucet. But it was too late.

The last thing he remembered seeing was the girl's face: a brunette with a soft smile.

Then everything went black.

And stayed that way.

**A/N**

Ah, did you know that my first fanfic was actually a JoBros one :3 Yup, hand written and everything XD

Well if you didn't know, I love the Jonas Brothers. Still. Always have, always will (:

Anyways, this is a Nick fanfic :3 ^.^

Vote and comment if you're interested (:

Thanks :3