Chapter 3: First Date

Stella's POV

I climbed into his car and started drooling. Now only was his car gorgeous, it smelled like he did. Polo 4, my absolute favorite. It was a manly scent but not too musky or overdone. He also looked great. I noticed that nearly everything he was wearing was Polo, but that was my favorite brand for a guy to wear so I wasn't complaining. Ever since high school, I had been obsessed with guys who wore Polo. It was classy, nice, and yet casual. It also screamed "I HAVE MONEY" but not in a gaudy way. All in all, this date had promise so far.

I realized I had been admiring the car and him for an uncomfortable amount of time when he said, "You look really pretty by the way, I love that color on you."

I smiled and flirtily replied, "Thanks! Pink's one of my favorite colors. You look great too though! I love Polo!" I realized I was starting to ramble and immediately cut myself off before I freaked him out. Thank goodness he laughed though.

"You're adorable. I didn't peg you as a pink and frilly kind of girl though."

"Well I'm just full of surprises aren't I?" I winked for emphasis and we both burst out laughing. Then he pulled into the parking lot of a fancy restaurant and I immediately glanced down feeling self-conscious of my casual dress.

"Wait right there," he said after he had parked. He then got out of the car and walked around front to my door before opening it for me. How sweet was he? So far he got an A+ for this date. We ate dinner and chatted. We had plenty in common: a love of golf, where we lived, similar families, and a love of Polo. Eventually it came time to pay the bill and I pulled out my clutch but he demanded to pay like a gentleman. Inwardly I was really glad because I had high hopes that he would be boyfriend material later on. We left the restaurant and he opened my door again. Before he got back in I took a deep inhale of the new-car smell mixed with the Polo 4 like the creeper I was.

Jesse drove us to a movie theatre and I took it as the perfect time to test his intentions. If we sat in the middle, he was definite boyfriend material. If we sat towards the back, he was sexually interested but more gentlemanly about it. If we sat in the very back, he was hoping for some action. If we sat in the front row, we were just friends. I silently prayed for a middle row seat the whole way into the theatre, so much so that I didn't even realize what movie we were seeing. He had prepaid for the tickets so I didn't even have a chance to pay and then insisted on buying the popcorn, junior mints, and sodas.

I let him lead us into the theatre and did a major happy dance in my head when he picked a seat in the middle of the theatre but a little closer to the back than the front. It was perfect. We laughed and ate popcorn throughout the rom-com and then he took me home like a true gentleman. I was seriously falling in like with Jesse McCartney. As we pulled up to my house I turned to him and said, "Thank you for tonight! It was perfect. I really had a great time."

He put the car in park and replied, "It was my pleasure. Hopefully we can do it again some time."

"Oh for sure! I'd love that." I smiled at him.

"How about Tuesday? I'm busy tomorrow and Monday but I'd like to get to know you better. We could just hang out at the park or something."

"That sounds great. You can just text me the details." I turned to get out of the car but he stopped me and got out to open my door for me.

"Thanks, you've proven tonight that chivalry is not dead." I jokingly said.

"I guess that's just the type of guy I am." He laughed as he walked me to my door. "So I was just wondering, was there really an incident with the curling iron and some fire?"

I laughed outright, "Yes, omigosh, I can't believe Sarah told you that! I'm so embarrassed!"

He tucked a curl behind my ear and whispered, "Don't be, I thought it was cute." Right as I thought he was about to kiss me he whispered, "I really want to kiss you right now, but I have a rule about kissing girls whose names I don't know."