Chapter 6

This was the day my life took a turn for crazy. I didn't know it at the time but then they say you don't see the bullet that hits you. It was two days after my meeting with the Alpha. Nate and Riley were delighted when they heard what Pack I was in but Riley wasn't her usual bubbly self. She's been ill for a few weeks now, throwing up all the time and sleeping a lot. She's only 42 (no she's not the secret to life, the universe and everything) which is not very old for a Werewolf. We tend to have very long life spans so it's not unusual for a Werewolf to live to 200. I needed to think. I'm 16 and I haven't seen my family in years. I took a walk in the woods, finding peace in the green light that filtered through the leaves. Then I froze.

Right ahead of me was a load of what looked like Fire Spirits with Angels wings. I took my knife out of my boot and turned to face the demons. They charged at me and one of them pinned me to the ground. I quickly cut it throat and pushed it body off me, only to be tossed against the nearest tree by another. As I struggled to get back to my feet, it came charging at me, it's warped body blazing. I raised my arms to cover my face, calling on my earthen powers to raise a wall. Instead a rush of energy came flooding through me from the deepest recesses of my body. With no clue as to what I was doing I flung the energy towards the demon. A single ray of purest light shot out of my hand, hitting the demon square in the chest, leaving a hole where it had hit so I could see straight through it's body. The demon fell forward hitting the ground with a thump. The other demons screamed and fled but I didn't pay them any attention. I just sat under the tree and stared at my hands, feeling the new found energy flowing through me, feeding me, filling me with it's immense power. I have never felt so alive or so scared. My heightened Werewolf senses told me there was someone near by so I looked up.

Through the trees I could see a solitary man staring at me, his eyes wide. He wasn't breathing and I couldn't hear his heart beating even though I should of been able to. He was a Vampire. The Vampire turned and ran. I jumped up and ran after him yelling at him to stop. If I had been in my wolf form I could have caught up to him but, exhausted and frightened, in my human form it wasn't possible. I stopped and stared at my hands again. I couldn't tell anyone what had happened, who would believe me? But that Vampire knew and if he told anyone I would be royally screwed. I ran. I did not stop running until I was back in the safety of my bedroom, it's familiar white wall's dotted with random paintings gave me comfort. I lay down on my bed and began to cry.

The next day I felt so scared. Shanen had called all Werewolves who were 16 to meet in his grand hall. Ash and I went together, Ash acting like his usual funny self but I could only panic about why we were being summoned. Surely Shanen wouldn't listen to a Vampire if he did try to tell him. As we all stood there waiting for the Alpha to arrive, I couldn't help but wonder. What was this power I had. Surely I wasn't the child of legend was I?

Shanen entered the room with two other men. There a low grow coming from the other wolves when they realised that one of them was a Vampire. The other man I recognized as Enzan. I shuddered. He always seemed to be staring at me.

"Calm down. This,er man is here on important business. He claims to have seen the child of legend in the woods yesterday and he is here to see if it is you of you," said Shanen.

There were several gasps through the the of wolves, along with intense whispers. The Vampire walked up and down the line several times, as pondering. I heard a unfamiliar voice in my head.

"You cannot run from you destiny, little one. It's time for you to accept your fate." it whispered. I wondered for a second who it was and remembered Vampires powers of the mind. He stopped beside me and gave me a small cold smile. Then he picked me up by the collar and bit my throat.