Chapter Eleven

Wade POV
I stepped forward catching her arm but not fast enough. Her head hit the ground. I quickly recovered and pulled her up into my arms and set her on the bed.

"Look what you've done!" Carlos yelled and I turned to him and growled.

"You could have used super speed and helped douche bag." I bit back and he smiled.

"No, I liked seeing you fail her pretty boy. I knew you would and will every second you two are together." He said and I left Alexis side and walked over to him. I got in his face and his eyes turned bright yellow.

"What you going to do that I can't?" He asked and I smiled.

"Make her happy by not fighting with you." I said turning and walking out to get Zenthor. When I found him I brought him to Alexis where he began checking her vitals.

"Something's wrong." He said turning to me.

"What? Is she okay?" I asked and he sighed.

"You want me to take her pulse but that's impossible." He began.

"When she hit her head she got an concussion. That's a fatal knock to the head if you sleep while having it." He turned to me and I grasped her hand. My usual cold hands felt no warmth in hers.

"But that is not the reason she died." He said and I looked up at him.

"She was drugged, within the last twenty minutes." He said and I turned looking at Carlos. He was smiling before he turned and walked from the room.

"Carlos, he killed her." I told him and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"Why would he do something like this?" He asked and I turned to Alexis and put my hand and her cold cheek.

"So I couldn't do the one thing he couldn't." I said and Zenthor moved his hand and walked to the door. I heard him stop as if to say something but turned instead and continued out. I looked down at Alexis and grabbed her hand.

"You know this isn't the first time this has happened to me." I started sitting down and closing my eyes.