CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

Karen drew in a deep breath, nodding once to herself before locking eyes with his. 'Well, we've been arguing like hell, and it's been going on for a while now... Seems like it started around the time he read the script for Flesh and Stone... Y'know, when the Doctor and Amy had their whole kiss thing, he knew we would be kissing, and that really bothered him. Never did he confront me about how he felt with the whole idea, so I couldn't change anything. The only real time he did let me know what was going on in his stupid little mind, was when we were shouting at one another and saying things we didn't really mean,' She paused, looking away from him. 'But... I said something in our last argument that I've been keeping in ever since... You and I met, I suppose. And I meant it. I meant it with all my heart.' She paused, looking down to the floor as she was unable to make herself look into his charming brown eyes, Matt continuing to focus on every word as he watched her. 'Patrick was under the impression that you were taking me from him, and he started to say all this shit about you, and I--I got really angry, so I said.. I said...' She trailed off and shook her head, jumping down from the table to walk towards the front door before grabbing her coat, Matt following close behind. She couldn't do it. She couldn't tell him. 'Kazza, wait!' He grasped her arm gently, standing still in place so she couldn't move any further. Karen turned around to face him, tugging her arm from his hold. 'I've got to go.' She said quickly, pulling open the door to walk out before being picked up from behind by Matt who kicked the door closed, her body wriggling against his. 'Matt, let me go!' She demanded as he carried her into the sitting room, ignoring her order. Matt quickly laid her on the couch, instantly climbing on top of her before pining his fox's (Karen's) arms down to where she had no chance of breaking away. 'I'll let you go after you tell me what you said to him. That's all I want to know, just tell me... We've gotten this far into the conversation, so.. Trust me, Kaz.' He spoke to her in a quiet voice, panting softly from battling her to the couch as he gazed into her eyes with a look of seriousness. He needed to know.

Karen was beginning to calm down from the closeness of their bodies as she stared back into his eyes, closing them tightly for a moment before finally speaking in a whisper.

'I'm scared, Matt.'

'Of me?'

'No.'

Karen shook her head slowly, opening her eyes again. 'I'm scared of what you'd think. I'm.... Matt, I'm scared you don't feel the same way.'

He looked at her with a raised eyebrow, brushing a strand of her hair from her forehead as he listened. She wasn't making any sense. But damn did she look beautiful lying underneath him like that with her fiery ringlets in a tousled mess, green eyes glowing through the dimness of the room as she made herself look up to him... Of course, he always thought her to be very beautiful. Right now was not different from any other time except for the fact that they were alone. 'I'm sorry, Karen, but I don't think I understand...' Matt said softly, shaking himself from his daze. Karen searched for his eyes pleadingly, trying to find a way to tell him without speaking. Why did he have to be so oblivious? 'You know how I said I was scared? Well, your thoughts weren't the only thing I feared. I worried about the fans, Moffat, our friendship... But then I realised that I don't care. I could care less about what anyone else thinks, all I want is for you to know that... Matt Smith, I love you. The day I looked into your eyes on that set, something happened to me. You were so nice, and funny... We had so much in common. When Patrick would put me down, I could just talk to you and my day would be so much better. You're always there for me. And I am so lucky to have you in my life... Now you know.' Karen finished, her cheeks pink as she tried to read his expression. Matt stared into her eyes, his heart thundering madly from what she had told him. There was no way it could be true.

If only she knew...

He thought as he closed his eyes, instantly crushing his lips to hers in a passionate kiss that she returned deeply, one hand snaking into his hair. Everything was right now. It was perfect, exactly how it was supposed to be.