Three

Lunch was over and Aleks and Kevin walked back into the school. "I'll meet you outside the school and we'll walk back to my place?" Aleks gave Kevin a heart warming smile and responded in a soft tone. "Sure."

Kevin felt his knees go weak as Aleks turned and walked away. "You just met him today, get your shit together man. People don't fall for other people that easily." He ran his fingers through his hair, muttering to himself. "And I fucking asked him to come over, he probably thinks I'm a creep but he's probably too nice to say anything." 

Kevin groaned and took his phone out just to scroll through any new notifications as he walked to his next class. He noticed his aunt texted him, 'Gonna be at work, food in the fridge, do your work... you know what to do already.' He replied back. 'I'll eat the food and not do my work :)'. He let out a quiet chuckle and placed his phone back into his back pocket.

Just as Kevin glanced up, he bumped into a tall figure. "Shit, I am so sorry." The boy turned around and glared at the other. "Do you not have eyes?" The teen had a British accent and wore casual clothes that still seemed too fancy for this public school. "Are you going to answer, or keep staring because it's quite obvious that I'm good looking." Kevin looked at the teen and his friends in the background. He grimaced, not liking the guys tone. "I just wasn't paying attention, no need to get angry over something small."

"How adorable, a kid trying to go against me? The teen smirked and neared the other. "Name's Dexter." He leaned forward and whispered into Kevin's ear. "Better remember it babe. Can't wait to hear you scream it later."

Dexter moved away and began backing off, winking at Kevin before turning around and leaving with his crew. The raven-haired boy stood there wide-eyed and his mouth hanging open. "Fuck man." He ran his fingers through his hair and went on to find his next class. "Hope I don't run into that ass again."

---

Aleksandr tried to pay attention to the physics teacher, however, his mind kept drifting off, thinking about Kevin. He stared out the window to the sky, where that one single cloud still remains.

There was just something off about him, something that Aleks can't necessarily pinpoint at the moment. Hopefully soon, everything will be revealed.

'Does he know something about me? Have we met before and I just don't remember? No, no, no. Absolutely no way. The last time I had a friend was years ago, my one and only friend, James.'

Aleks recalled what happened at lunch. Kevin seemed shook when he mentioned James up. 'Did he know James? What am I saying it could have been a completely different person. Poor Kevin probably felt uncomfortable with my story... But then again he did ask me to come over...'

"Oh Kevin, what a mystery you are." Aleks mumbled, turning his attention back to the monotone teacher who keeps complaining about his headache. Aleks smirked, knowing that he went out to have some fun, maybe a little too much fun.

This made Aleks think; being an adult has its positives and its negatives. You have the chance to start your whole life over the moment you leave high school. Maybe go to college and meet people with the same interest as you, or just get a nice job, or even enlist into the army. No matter what, no one from high school will even care.

The thought made Aleks happy, finally having a chance to move on from his best friend's death and start clean, happy, have some friends, not having thoughts bring you down. This is what the teen wished for, but he knew, it was a hard step to climb from the point he's currently at.

"Mr. Marchant, would you like to answer this question? Since you seem to be in your own little world." Aleks blinked and stared at the board, this is the first time he heard his name being called in a while, then again, Aleks never spaced out during class. "Of course Mr. Mulligan, since both 64 N and 42 N are going in the same direction, you would add it and get 106 N."

Just as the teacher opened his mouth, the bell rang, dismissing the teens from school. allowing them to go home.

---

Kevin sat on the concrete stairs, nervously waiting for Aleks. 'What if he bailed on me?' He bit his lip. 'No, he doesn't seem like the type to.'

The raven-haired looked up to search for the other but instead locked eyes with someone he wished he hadn't. Dexter. The Brit winked at him and brought up his hands, one with his index finger pointing to his other hand which looked like an 'o' and moving his finger in and out of the 'o' slowly.

Kevin frowned and looked away, still biting his lip and searching for Aleks. Just then, he felt a person's hand grab onto his shoulder, making him flinch and roughly bit down on his bottom lip praying that it wasn't Dexter.

A soft voice spoke behind him. "Oh, sorry Kevin, I didn't mean to scare you." He immediately stood up and faced Aleks. "I-it's fine, I was just... kind of thinking about something." Kevin blantly lied.

Aleks' eyes widened. "Um, your lips bleeding." Kevin used his thumb to wipe his lip, seeing the amount of red liquid pooling out. "Well... It's not that much, it'll dry up in a bit." The other gave him a sympathetic look. "Are you sure."

Kevin noticed how short Aleks was, even standing one step above Kevin, Aleks was still at least half an inch shorter. 'God, he's so adorable'. The raven haired snapped out of his thoughts and smiled.

"Yeah, let's just head back to my place before I end up unintentionally hurting myself more." Aleks laughed lightly. "As long as I got your back, I believe you'll make it back home."

----

A/N; high school fucking sucks so heres another shitty chapter woooo!!!!