Chapter Three

Thanks to mercii_tolulope for being my No.1 fan and for the first vote on my book. I love you soo much.

-------------------------------------

Shawn crashed out the door hurriedly,the crazed doctors hot on his heels.They fell over one another trying to grab him.,giving him just enough time to shoot clear of their bloodthirsty fingers wishing to curl around any part of him they could get to first.Getting out the door in barely enough time,he banged the door and heard the unmistakable sound of steel connecting with cartilage in a crunching, cringe-worthy sound.

He backed up in the hallway away from the door, trying to get as far from them as possible.He heard them snapping,gnarling and banging on the door.Crazy.Bloody crazy they were! The door to the hallway burst open and the doctor poured into the hall like jell-O.He was sweating,pale and trembling so much.Not noticing Shawn in his daze,he walked to the door and reached for the retina scan pad when Shawn suddenly grabbed his arm.

He winced, his face contorted in a mix of fear and delusion.Shawn clenched his fists and dragged the doctor, slamming him into the opposite wall.

"Are you like them?", he asked,intent on beating the doctor back to his senses if the need be.

"No...no...no",then he stopped,confusion splattered on his face like roadkill(A/N:please do not mind the awkward simile, I get carried away sometimes),"Them who?", the doctor cowered under Shawn's threatening gaze.

"Your crazy friends,in there.",Shawn spat out.

"Crazy?", the doctor began then as if something suddenly dawned on him, he began to tremble even much more violently,"No,no,no....I...It wasn't....Oh God,Oh God."

"What is it?",Shawn asked,this time more curiously than angrily.

"I...I...I don't know",the doctor fumbled with something on the e-pad in his hand,typing away furiously.

Seconds later, something creaked and groaned,emitting a metal scraping on metal sound.Shawn watched,while casting side glances at the doctor, as the door's steel front crumbled into a pile at the bottom revealing the insides of the room through perfectly see through glass.

The crazy doctors were huddled at the door,repeatedly snapping and growling while banging on it with their fists and head.Shawn cursed under his breath as he stared at the horrible sight before him, he saw the doctor shrink into the wall out of the corner of his eye.

"What is this? What is going on? What have you people been doing in there? Is this is infection or magic? Do you guys practice dark sorcery or...or?", he trailed off from the long questions pouring out of his mouth into silent hand gestures at the door.

"I don't know...It..It may be a side effect of...of..", the doctor was doing his best to answer without looking up as he continued to type and slide furiously on his e-pad.

"Side effect of what?", Shawn prodded further.No reply"Side effect of what?",he asked again,this time raising his voice up a notch.He heard his words bounce back to him like a tennis ball off a wall and he reddened.

He reached out and slapped the doctor's hand,"Hey? I am talking to you".The doctor almost jumped out of his skin, he hit something on the device in his hand before it clattered to the floor.

"Hey back",the doctor said as he stooped to pick it up.He went on talking but Shawn wasn't listening as he looked down the hall.

"What did you do?",Shawn asked as if he was speaking from outer space or a trance .His words barely came out in a whisper.The walls suddenly turned into doors and groaned open.The whole hallway seemed to be made up of doors.The doctor was mumbling something inaudibly as he got up,completely unaware of what was going on.

"Look",Shawn shook the doctor by his collar and forced him to look up.The doctor looked up confused but what he saw added shock to his facial expression. "That wasn't me, was it?"He asked in fear. Shawn sneered as they both backed up against the wall."Will someone please tell me what is going on?",He asked

"Oh Good God...",The doctor whimpered. Someone stumbled out of one of the open doors.Someone else from another door.Pretty soon,They seemed to be pouring into the hall.

"Sweet Jesus",Shawn muttered.

++++++++++++++

Annie was grinding her hips rythmatically in tune with the music as she prepared dinner.She swung from left to right humming along with the song as she cracked eggs on the edge of the dinner bowl.. She loved cooking and her husband and her son and her life.Thinking about her husband,she checked the time.It read 5:30pm. He was going to be home in thirty minutes tops, then they'll all eat dinner together.

"Jo-Jo",she called out.A voice of a six year old boy answered, "I'm doing my homework, mom!"

"Okay, be down for dinner in thirty minutes,hear?".

Joseph mumbled something in reply but she was too busy drowning chicken laps in low-cholesterol oil to hear him.

"Hi", she waved a neighbor out the kitchen window as she continued preparing dinner with a smile on her face.

+++++++++

Shawn held onto the doctor's sleeve as people kept roaming about in the hall.They looked dazed and dead.Yes, they looked dead!One of them stumbled about with part of his entrails hanging out of his mid-section.Another had lost the lower part of his arm.

"What is this place?",Shawn asked the doctor in a hushed voice.

"They...they a...are holding cells.", the doctor stammered in reply.

"Holding cells?" For what?", Shawn asked,shocked.Did hospitals have prisons too?

"P..ro..pro..projects an...and results.", the doctor was shaking visibly and barely managed to hold himself together.He kept murmuring "what have we done?" under his breath and Shawn was wondering if he was going mad too."What projects?",Shawn asked,"You call human patients projects?".

"Look..." the doctor cut him off and was about to say something when he was cut off suddenly by the high-pitched wail of the emergency siren with the accompanying pulsating red light throughout the hall..They both winced because of how loud the noise was and the effect on their eardrums.

All the "projects and results" in the hallway abruptly turned to the source of the noise which was affixed to the wall behind Shawn and the doctor.As the crazy "projects and results" began running towards them Shawn quickly began thinking of an escape plan.He calculated how long it would take to get to where they were.Ten twenty seconds.Not much time to think.Even drowning men must clutch at straws.

He grabbed the doctor roughly and opened the door of the Operation room which had been unlocked by the Emergency Manual Override System, the same one which had opened all the doors in the hallway, and dove in banging it shut behind them.

"Oh...Hi", He said as he turned.The three crazy doctors were still in the room and had perked up upon their entry.One of the crazy doctors cocked his head to the side.

"Oh well",Shawn sighed.

----------+++++++++++++++++----------

BACK OFF!!! \_

O- O• Ō. Õ. Ô

|||-×> |||=> |||= '-|||\ =|||

|°\ / |_ |'\ _/°| /|

-------------------------------------

Done,dusted and Unedited.If you think i'm not doing anything i'm supposed to please let me know.Y'all should please vote and comment.It really encourages me to update faster.DON'T BE A GHOST READER.Thanks.