Zero's Other Self

Zero ran out of the gym finally calling to her other self. Her other being, because she knew that her own raw talents wouldn’t even give the Uniters a warm up. They could defeat her in their sleep. But with her other self’s natural capabilities to take out an entire army she could hopefully survive a fight with the Uniters. Hopefully. She was still running. She could see them. They would meet in approximately sixty seconds. Zero’s other self still refused to emerge from It’s cage.

Fifty seconds.

It normally was always pushing at her consciousness trying to get out but now that It was needed It wouldn’t help at all.

Forty seconds.

She was still running and running trying to redirect the Uniters.

Thirty seconds.

She was probing her consciousness unrelentingly in search of her other self.

Twenty seconds.

She was hiding from Zero. She was teasing her. She liked making her worry and making her feel vulnerable and weak.

Ten seconds.

Maybe she would help Zero out. Because after all if Zero died then she died too.

Five seconds.

Zero was all right she supposed. She really does seem to be desperate.

One second.

They saw her. The big hulking figures that still appeared human. They were every kid’s worst nightmare. They almost seemed to take the form of your worst fear. Zero would be pulverized. It will help. Zero’s other self hadn’t realized they were going to be facing Uniters. She was bored and hadn’t been listening to what was happening. This would be exiting.

Zero suddenly felt an enormous surge of power that filled her very being and took over her mind and body. She knew that her other self had finally decided to control her. She wouldn’t be able to stop her other self if she decided to force her to betray the others. She was at her other self’s mercy. 

Her muscles were under her control now. She only existed for the fight. She had complete and utter control of Zero’s body. Zero no longer existed anymore. Only her desires existed. And she desired a fight that had a high probability of death on both sides of the opposition. 

As the first Uniter swung a heavy weapon - that resembled a combination of a sword and an ax - of some kind towards her, she jumped up but then had to twist in midair to avoid the counter attack, a large upward arch, of the Uniters’ weapon. Zero then did a front flip, landed behind the Uniter, and cleanly sliced his spinal cord with the knife that she always kept with her . She then, with a speed that rivaled the speed of the ancient jet planes that roamed the sky in the industrial era, ran around the body in front of her to attack the second Uniter but just as she delivered the killing blow the third Uniter, the only one dressed in deep blood red - presumably the leader, attacked while she had no reaction time and opened a long deep wound on her back that stretched from her right shoulder to her left hip. Zero would have screamed in pain but Zero’s other self turned off the part of her nervous system that let her feel pain. She turned around to deal with the last Uniter, having had killed the second Uniter at the same time as when she sustained her first injury, with a crazy smile on her face. 

Zero’s other self wasn’t irrational. She knew that if she didn’t stop now she and Zero would die. She decided to use her last resort - for this fight. She closed her eyes and when she opened them the Uniter had sustained injuries that were three times worse than her own. Zero’s other self then pushed Zero’s body to focus all of her energy into her legs. She appeared behind the Uniter and administered a killing blow to the head.

“Live. Zero, or I’ll haunt you in the next life.” Were Zero’s other self’s last words before she slipped back into Zero’s mind. Zero was disoriented as she looked around and saw the rebel army and the fighters. Then she felt the pain that had been suppressed and she knew no more.