Toxic Wishing

"Can we go to Taco Bell?!" Jack asks. Alex rolled his eyes and i laughed. "No,no we can't." Jack groaned. "But I want a burrito!" Maria whined. "I was given the gift of being Mexican for a reason,ya' know! TACOS AND BURRITOS AND-"

"Jesus christ,Maria! Shut the fuck up!" Sam interrupts her. "But I want Taco Bell!" Maria whines. Sam groaned and tapped Alex's shoulder. "Yeah?" She whispered in his ear and he starts to grin evily. "Okay." He then looked at me and his smile faltered a bit. I furrow a brow and eat fry. "No,but i-" She whispered a bit more before pulling away to look at him. He smiled and nodded. "Yeah,but how will that even work?" She smirked. "Let's go talk about it inside." My jaw dropped. "What about us?!" Sam turned to Fiona and nodded towards inside. She turned to Jess and nodded again. They all got out and walked ahead a bit. Alex opened the door. "Alex?!" He stopped and faced me. "Yeah,Casey?" I sighed forgetting my earlier thoughts. "Just come back soon,okay?" He smiled and nodded. "Watch the kids for me." He joked,winking. "Hey! I'm six and a half! I'm old enough to to stay up 'til eight and eight-thirty on weekends! Can you stay up 'til eight?! I didn't think so!" Jack whined. I shook my head and waved to Alex. He jogged up to the girls and walked in. Zack frowned at the restaurant and Maria watched aimlessly out of the window. "Uh,you okay,Maria?" Jack asks. I already knew she was pissed at Sam. I could tell the moment we came back in. But the thing is,she really shouldn't be. They're sisters. They shouldn't argue and compete against each other for some stupid guy. (No offence to Jack.) But i have to admit,it's kinda funny to watch. I decided on talking to Sam later but for now sit back and watch the show. "Nothing,i'm fine. Why don't you go talk to Sam?" He furrowed his brow and I laughed my ass off. Rian's face was red as hell and Zack was having trouble breathing. I'm guessing they caught on too. By now,me and the guys couldn't breathe we were laughing so hard it hurt in several places. Especially for me. "What do you mean by that?" Jack asked. "I mean-" Zack covered her mouth. "Stop. Dude, I can't take it! Come 'ere." He whispered something in her ear and her face turned red. "Okay." Me and Rian busted put laughing again. "Guys! I wanna know!" Jack whined. I shook my head and faced the restaurant again. "Don't worry about it,man." Zack said following my gaze. Finally,the girls and Alex made it back and hopped in. "So,what'd we miss?" Jess asks. Zack,Rian and i look at Maria and she shakes her head her red hair falling in her face. Jack spoke up instead with, "Nothing. Let's go party!" I giggle and agree with a 'hell yeah'. Alex pulled out and drove down North Clavert. He grabbed Maria's hand and glanced back at me,intertwining their fingers. "Everything okay?" I asked with a bit of a laugh. He nodded and smiled. "Everything's gonna be fine. I just have to talk to you about something later.." I nod as terrible ideas run through my head. 'What if he doesn't want to be friends anymore? He probably hates you. After all,you were only his charity case.' Well,shit. He let go of Maria's hand and smiled reassuringly at me through the mirror. "Relax,Coraline." I sighed and layed my head on Rian's shoulder.

"Guys! Look!" Sam shouted in awe. I furrow my brow and looked out of the window. I stare with my mouth slightly ajar at the beauty in the sky. Alex pulled over again by the grassy field and we all clambered out. "Make a wish!" Rian muses,still watching the meteor shower above. I set my tank down beside me and layed down in the grass. Alex layed next to Maria and the others did the same. I smiled over at him before looking up at the sky and closing my eyes. I wish Thursday could last forever.

Alex

I stared at across from me at Casey for a second and sighed inaudibly. I glanced over at Maria beside me and frowned. Why did we make this stupid plan in the first place? It's not like Casey is just gonna fall head over heels for me in a night..or at all really. Nothing against Maria,but i would rather be with Lisa than Maria. I shook my head and closed my eyes,finally making a wish. I wish i had the guts to say anything.

Jack

I layed back in the grass and stared at Sam. Doesn't she see how much I like her? I mean,the guys and Casey probably do. Maybe even Jess and Fiona. It's pretty fucking obvious. Maybe she doesn't like me back? I mean,come on! What's a girl like that gonna do with a loser like me? I just like being around her. But i feel the same way about Maria. She's with Alex though and i don't want to ruin that. He's my best friend. These sisters are twisting my brain upside down. All night I've been trying to not say anything stupid so they'd like me more-i haven't said any dick jokes for an hour now and it's killing me-i don't know maybe I should just give up. After all,i already have Sam. Maria is never gonna really like me anyway. I'm just some geek in a band. I turned a bit more and Sam snuggled into me,her eyes still closed. I grinned down at her. Yeah,i had Sam. I wrapped an arm around her,closing my eyes. I wish i didn't have to choose.

Maria

I snuggled close to Alex and kept my eyes closed. I've been thinking of this for a while. I want to make a suitable wish,not a selfish one or one that would backfire. That's when I heard a tiny sniffle. I knew exactly who that was. Lately,Sam's been crying day and night. She's always been up in her room too. I know she misses the boys; I do too. My brothers were what kept us together. But there's nothing we can do now. They're gone. A week after Sam left San Diego,the house caught on fire,'faulty wiring' the police say. I looked for her everywhere until I found her on her knees crying into her hands outside the hospital. When I asked her what was wrong all she said was, 'it was all my fault'. Now every time I see her she gives me this weak smile. But tonight was different. She was laughing and smiling. It was like she was back to normal. But we argued so much lately that i can't make her smile like i used to. We used to be so close and i ruined it. I realize now that wishes are for things we want the most but can't provide. Though it may seem childish, it was the last thing I had. I wish Sam can be happy.

Rian

I closed my eyes and put my hands behind my head. I honestly don't know what to wish for. The band is getting successful, I have awesome friends,an awesome family,and i have a amazing girlfriend. Life couldn't be better...Who am I kidding? My love life is terrible right now. And my parents and Casey hate each other. All Kara talks about whenever I visit is how busy she is! I don't know why,but I feel like she isn't busy at all. I feel like she's just avoiding me. And my mom isn't helping. She's treating me like an only child and i hate it. Casey is amazing and possibly the best little sister out there. She deserves to be treated like a princess,not like trash. I shake my head and finally wish. I wish I found someone who could really love me for me..i wish Casey had the same.

Jess

I've been staring at this tree for the past five minutes. I don't want to look up at the meteor shower and feel like I have to wish for anything. Because i don't want to wish for something and be bummed when it doesn't come true. I used to be a firm believer in hope and faith in love but now? Now,everything's changed. I sighed and gave in,thinking about how she hurt me. All of my friends have somebody Zack has Fiona,Jack has Sam..and Maria,Rian has Kara,and Casey has Alex wrapped around her finger. She may not know it,but she does. I looked at the shooting stars one more time before closing my eyes and wishing. This better work. I wish I had someone to call mine again.