Chapter Seven: Meeting Old Friends

"This is so utterly ridiculous!" I yelled in frustration while kicking a pebble out of the sidewalk. I was headed over to the police station because my father made me leave the house right after the fight with my mother. Once she was done calling me a bitch, she started to hysterically cry to my father like the stupid bitch she is. My father, who became very angry, then proceeded to tell me to walk my happy ass over to the station and explain everything. And to apologize.

"Aren't you going to drive me?" I asked him. It would only make sense to drive me, considering the last time I walked somewhere I was taken and held hostage for two days.

"No. You don't deserve to be driven there. You've been a disgrace to the family Evelyn. Back talking Roan, telling your mother you can't ever forget about what happened, your attitude. I think that you need some time to walk and think about what you've done," he yelled.

"Dad, just take one fucking moment to sit here and think about what you're saying! Do you not remember what happened the last time I walked home from somewhere?" I have come to the conclusion that I fucking hate my family.

"Evelyn just go! I want you to get out of my face!"

And that's how I ended up walking on the sidewalk, angrily kicking stones and cursing life. How fun right? Thank god I had finally arrived at my destination.

"What is he gunna do when I'm taken by this crazy person again? I bet he will feel horrible for saying all those things then. They are gunna regret ever saying those things about me when I-" I was interrupted by being shoulder checked by a muscular body, knocking my small frame down to the ground.

"What the actual fucking hell? What did I ever do to deserve all this bullshit?" I glared up at the person. A boy with a round face and big blue eyes stared down at me, his mouth slightly open in an "o" shape.

"I am so sorry," he exclaimed. "I didn't see you!"

"It's fine," I grumbled. "I'm sorry for cussing at you. It's just been a crap day." I felt bad for cussing at him, I really did. He was just a boy trying to get to one place while I was trying to get to another. It's not like he intentionally flattened me like a pancake.

"Are you sure?" He asked weary eyed.

"Absolutely. Don't worry about it dude," I assured. It was just more shit on the pile at this point. "Accidents happen all the time."

"I still feel so bad. Let me make it up to you Evelyn, please," he said. I froze.

He just called me by my name. I've never seen this guy before in my life. What the actual fucking hell is happening? This guy is some sort of psychotic killer!

"Okay, hold the fuck up. How in the hell do you know my name?" I demanded. He gave me a questioning look.

"Don't you remember me?" Obviously not dumb ass, I thought.

"Uh, no." I think wouldn't flip out if I knew you buddy, I thought.

"We went to school together. Freshman year I think. My name is Zachary Thyson. But everyone called me Zack. I moved away during the summer of our sophomore year."

"Okay," I said. I still had no idea who this person was.

"I was kicked out for a few months during freshman year," he said. Suddenly, I remembered everything about this person.

He was the one who was always quiet. He was the one who snuck into the girls locker room and hid in the office and potentially raped a girl, although nobody really knew if he did or not for sure because the girl had called rape at least three times before that- none of which were actually true. He was the one creepy kid that asked me out in the eighth grade. I may or may not have ripped his heart out, it was yet to be determined.

"Oh, now I think I remember you," I trailed off. "It's been a while." Yeah I know, that's a horrible way to greet an old classmate. What was I supposed to say? Was I supposed to ask him if he was still super creepy? Or if he was still madly in love with me like he was all through middle school and part of high school? Because I feel like that's not the most appropriate thing to do. I couldn't just be a bitch to him. He could have changed. He might be less creepy. Well, he probably is normal. Heck, who am I kidding, this kid is probably still crazy.

"Yeah it has. How is Ryan? I heard he got in an accident-"

"Listen, I really have to get going," I interrupted. "I'm really sorry but I have to do some things and they're gunna take a while."
"Yeah yeah, no problem!" He replied. "Wanna get some coffee sometime?"

"Sure," I lied.

"Awesome!" He replied. "See you around then!"

I stood there dazed, and shocked. How did he accidentally run into me when he was supposed to have moved far, far away- like, to a different state- after freshman year?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted on November 30, 2015

Hey guys!  I updated like I promised!  I know, I know, it's been a while.  I've got more to update too, but right now I'm in class and I don't want to get in trouble.  Also, sorry it's so short.  I'll be sure to put a long chapter in sometime.

Again, thanks for reading, you guys are the best.  I cannot stress to you enough how thankful I am that someone wants to read this.  

Remember to:

Vote/comment/share/follow/promote!

If anyone knows of somebody that edits stories on Wattpad, please let me know!  

If you guys don't mind, check out my other book, called The Race!  (I know, you shouldn't start a new story without finishing the first one, but The Race Idea just couldn't wait!  I personally think it's better than this story, but that's just me.)

Do you guys have any questions for me?  Do you like the story so far?  If so, drop a comment!  Thanks!

1055 words