Chapter 4.

Now where did she say she was again? Err... Oh yeah! The Library. Wait there's like four? Ugh I better call.

After 2 rings she picked up still sobbing,

"Which Library?!" I blurted out so I wouldn't have to hear her hurting voice.

"The one on 59th S-street!." Okay so that was about 5 to 10 minutes away.

"Okay, I'm coming." I said sternly. I heard a giggles and then Sydney said,

"Ha ha.. T-thats what s-she said.." 

"Humor is the best medicine." I said smiling a little at how strong she was for having humor at a time like this.

Then she started to sob even harder. What? Was it something I said?

"Sydney? What- did I say something wrong? What I dont- I.." I sighed. "Nevermind, I'll be there in a few minutes." I said.

"Hurry!" She whispered.

***

As I pulled into the parking lot. I've never been to this Library, it's pretty big.

I walked up the steps to the main doors. Now, where would Sydney be? I was about to head inside when I heard footsteps.

"Oh, Dawson! Over h-here!" I turned around to see Sydney running towards me her blonde curls bouncing around her beautiful face. When she stopped in front of me I looked down. Not wanting to see the hurt in her chocolate brown eyes. We stood there, silence filling the air. 

I had to be strong. It's not about me right now, it's about her. I looked up. Tears streamed down her face and fell to the ground. 

She looked up then, too. I decided to hug her to break the tension. I could tell she was surprised at first because she went tense, Then softened and hugged me back. We stood there for who knows how long, just hugging. Not caring if anyone stared or said "Get a room!".

I felt Sydney pull back. It was hard for me to do the same, though because hugging her felt- felt, right? You know. 

"So.. What happened?" I said brushing a hand through my hair. 

" After my mom dropped me off here, She was headed to the bar. I noticed something was different about her, She was very agitated. I didn't know what was with her today. I didn't know if she was on a drug or drunk or just being difficult. " She said with a worried expression.

"Okay, well did you speak to the Doctor yet?" I asked.

"Yeah  a little bit before you got here. He said to just get to the Hospital right away, and that he'll explain everything that happened." Starting to sob again, she hugged me. Of course, I hug her back. 

We walked to the car, her arm around my waist still trying to hug me a little for comfort. I had my arm around her shoulders pulling her closer. 

This is going to be an eventful day..

***

 "Sydney Smith?" Said a guy in a white lab coat. We had been waiting in the Waiting room for probably half an hour. As we stood up I felt Sydney slip her hand into mine as we walked through the doors and down the hall following the Doctor. 

We entered room 218. I looked away from the sight I saw. She was covered in cuts and bruises. I'm glad they got most of the blood off of her because if they hadn't I probably would have fainted. Then felt Sydney's hand tighten around mine. She started to sob again, then her knees buckled and she fell to the floor. 

I crouched down beside her and whispered in here ear.

"Sydney, I'm sure she'll be okay! I'm sure of it!"  I held her head in my hands and wiped away her tears. But she shoved my hands away.