Chapter 6

*This chapter contains some sexual contact… well a lot of sexual contact. You have been warned.*

From that day forward the doc said I was making a rapid recovery and for the next two weeks Chase and I would spend every waking moment together. We would watch movies and listen to music or just sit and talk. Or sometimes we would just make-out for a while. His mom seemed so slowing take a liking to me and tolerate me being with her son. Now I was talking all the time and in front of people other than Chase and his mom and he said he was really proud of me.

Then one day I went downstairs for breakfast and he wasn’t there. Where is he? He’s always here. Did he leave me? Am I not good enough for him? Does he not love me?

I broke down sobbing right there. I fell to my knees and curled into a ball rocking back and forth. “Where is he?”

Soon some people started to notice and came over to me. “What’s the matter?” I lost it when some guy touched my shoulder.

“Don’t touch me!” It just made me sob harder. “Where is he?”

“What?”

“WHERE IS HE!?!?”

I couldn’t take it anymore I went to the nearest table and flipped it over, food and all. Then, I started running. Some guy came after me so I begged my legs to go faster but they were screaming in protest.

“STOP!”

I just kept running until my legs gave out and I realized where I stopped; right at me and Chase’s special spot. We found it last week when we were taking a walk on the beach. It’s this little cave that over-looks the ocean. We brought up blankets, flashlights, and pillows to make it more comfortable to stay in. I crawled inside it and got under Chase’s blanket and pillow, they still smelled like him. I curled up into a ball and let the tears fall not bothering to try and stop them. I cried so hard and called out his name but I don’t think he’ll ever come back. At some point I fell asleep and drifted in this half-dream state that made no sense what so ever. My heart was broken and I don’t know if it will ever mend.

David’s Point of View

I hate it when my mom makes me go visit my dad. Even for the day, ever since they got a divorce she’s forced me to visit him and his stupid new family once a month. I hate his new bimbo of a wife; she’s only a few years older than me for Christ’s sake. I just want to go see Faith. Since we’ve met I can’t get her out of my head. She’s so beautiful and intelligent and just perfect. I have not been away from her except to sleep since the first day so I’m kind of worried. I wonder how she’ll take it. Hopefully mom gave her my letter explaining where I was.

I walked through the front door and signed in. As soon as I got my badge I ran to go ask my mom where she was.

“Mom!?”

“Chase, thank god you’re here,” she said kind of breathless.

“What’s the matter, what happened?”

“She’s gone.”

My heart fell to my stomach, I hoped for the best, “Who’s gone?”

“Faith. She didn’t see you this morning and freaked out. She flipped a table she was so upset. Some workers tried to grab her but she out run them. We couldn’t catch up with her. I’m sorry.”

Faith, my Faith. She’s gone? No no no. I have to find her. I will find you Faith. I’m coming.

Faith’s Point of View