Ch.6

Dear Harry,

The majority of my day has consisted of sitting on the couch, thinking about you. I was curious to see if I REALLY knew everything about you, even the little things. I think that knowing exactly who a person is-inside and out-is the key to loving them, and I know for a fact that I am deeply, without a doubt in love with you. 

With that being said, I decided to test it. For hours, I listed everything I knew about you. I know your favorite food is your mom's chocolate chip pancakes with a side of sliced strawberries. Your favorite color is blue (the same shade of blue that the sky turns on summer nights, if you want to be specific). You sleep on the right side of the bed, facing me. You wanted to be an astronaut until you were twelve years old. You have always preferred romantic comedies over action movies, although I am the only one that knows. You love the taste of brussel sprouts. You are afraid of heights yet love flying in airplanes. Your favorite book is Shakespeare's, "The Taming of the Shrew." Your left foot is significantly longer than the right. You have broken three bones in your body (your left arm, your nose, and one rib). You regularly watch the saturday cartoons and read the newspaper comics. You never wear matching socks. You love classical music.

The list goes on.

Once I concluded that I knew pretty much every single thing about you, I began thinking about us.  The first thing I asked myself was, "When did I first know that I liked you more than just a best friend?"

I pondered on this question for quite a while, not being able to pinpoint it exactly. I sifted through all of our never-ending memories, determined to find the answer. After a long while, I finally figured it out.

Do you recall the first real party we went to, in seventh grade?

Although it was years ago, I remember it as if it were just yesterday. We were sitting in someone's basement, in a circle of about ten or fifteen girls and boys. A girl- Shannon, I think her name was- pulled out an empty glass Coca Cola bottle and placed it in the middle of the circle.

"Let's play a game called Seven Minutes in Heaven," she said with a smirk on her face as she looked around at us. "My sister told me about it. I'll spin the bottle and whoever the two people it lands on are, have to go into a closet for seven minutes and..." she finished the sentence abruptly, knowing that she didn't have to say the rest for us to understand where this was going.

We all watched as she carefully flicked her wrist against the bottle, causing it to spin. All of our eyes followed the bottle's top and bottom, waiting to see who it would land on. Seconds later, I realized it came to a stop, pointing at me. I slowly picked up my head, and I connected eyes with you from across the circle. 

The girls starting giggling while the boys started howling. Since the start, everyone thought we had a thing going on. I didn't blame them, I mean we did spend every second with each other, but they just didn't understand that we were best friends. 

I gulped as I gave into the peer pressure, standing up and trailing behind you to the closet. When the door was closed to the cramped space, it was dark, but I could still make out your green eyes. We watched each other for a few moments, until I decided to shut my eyes and lean it.

I just wanted to get it over with. 

My lips were pursed and my head was moving towards you when I heard you speak. "Ella?"

I quickly opened my eyes and readjusted my head, making sure you didn't see what I had just done. "Yeah, Harry?"

"Can we just tell them that we kissed? I know we both think of each other as just friends and I don't want to ruin that."

At one point in my life, I would have said the same thing. But when I processed what you had said, it felt as if I had been punched in the gut. For some reason, I WANTED to kiss you, and after I was stopped from doing it, I only wanted to even more. 

From that moment on, I looked at you in a completely different light. Instead of teasing you about your head of curls, I secretly admired them. I started watching your movements, and yearning to hear your voice. I started noticing everything about you, from how long and lean your torso was, to how you always stood in that carefree manner. I was completely infatuated with you.

In addition to my new obsession with you, I was also extremely hurt. My feelings for you were completely one-sided; you thought of me as your best friend, but I thought of you as something more. It hurt that I had to pretend that my emotions didn't exist, that things were like they always had been. On the outside, I was the same old Ella Wella, but on the inside, I was someone new.

The rest of the party went by, but you never left my eye. I tried to get your attention in any way possible. I butted into conversations, pulled you towards me by your arm, and made lame jokes. I cringed at my obnoxious behavior, and yet I couldn't stop. I suddenly had this new need for you, and it couldn't be controlled.

It's weird how some things change so drastically, in a matter of seconds. Some things for the good, some things for the bad. You never know until it happens. And when it does happen, there is nothing you can do about it. 

Somehow, with you, these drastic changes are a regular occurrence. The funny thing is, no matter how bad it seems at first, it always ends up good. I really hope you leaving will end up good too.

I wish I could write more, Harry, but I am exhausted. Thinking about you takes more of my energy than I would have thought. 

I can't wait to get you back in my arms, it's times like these when I especially miss your hugs.

With so much love,

Ella Wella

___________________________________

**AND THE ROMANCE BEGINS! I WOULD LOVE SOME FEEDBACK!

Read my FINISHED stories, "The Step-Brother" "The Teacher" and "The Boy That Saved My Life"

Vote?

Follow?

Comment?

Tweet me! (alylovess1d)

KIK me! (alyloves1direction)

Stalk me on instagram! (alyloves1direction)

Ask me questions! (ask.fm/alyloves1direction)

Email me! (alyloves1direction@gmail.com)

FUN FACT: Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married. (How sketchy..)

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

xx**