Part 1 - Those eyes

Sage's POV:

"Let him go!" Aiden growled at me. 

I flicked my tail as I looked into the eyes of the boy I was straddling. So beautiful. No. He was beyond beautiful. Ugh, what was I thinking? If I kept this up some of my thoughts would leak out and I would be the newest loser to make fun of. I couldn't help how I felt about guys, but obviously no one would ever understand that. I heard a few of the other guys let out low growls from around me and I understood they were becoming impatient. I leaned down and licked the boy right across the face before hopping off of him. Oh god! What was I thinking? More growls escaped the lips of my friends. 

The beautiful boy sat on the ground staring at me, shocked. He was reading my eyes just as I was reading his. I couldn't help but have butterflies filling my stomach as I continued staring into his eyes. I knew we had to break this off, but I couldn't. With constant regret, I let out a playful bark. The boy shook his head and stood up, continuing to stare at me. I let out another playful bark and flipped my tail in the direction of the town we lived in. He took a few more minutes to stare into my eyes before running off helplessly back towards town. 

"What was that?!" Aiden snapped out, laughing. "Going soft on us? We don't have room for that!"

I could feel my cheeks growing hot, I was glad I had my fur to cover it. "Just...let's call it a day? That's enough excitement for one day."

"Sage, don't be a party pooper!" Rylie shouted, giving a little laugh of his own. "We just got out here."

"Let's just let him go, guys. He looks near death, might be coming down with something." Leo muttered under this breath, keeping his eyes low.

I gave him a soft smile. Leo had always been so soft spoken, so nice. He's the kind of guy you just have to have as a friend. We'd been friends for years due to our whole...situation. The kinda situation like this really brought guys together. I mean if we weren't close we'd have major issuespatrolling around the town. 

 "What are you going soft now too?!" Aiden growled at Leo. Ouch. How could someone talk to Leo like that? He never did anything to anyone. Originally there were more of us, but we split up into different patrol groups and sometimes, I will admit, I wish Aiden was in a different pack. If it wasn't for him there would be nothing in my way of alpha. My thoughts were quickly interrupted when Aidenspat out. "Are you two gay lovers or what now?"

I let out a low snarl. That hit too close to home. I know that he didn't know, but you shouldn't say things like that. All eyes were on me now. I brought my head and tail up, challenging Aiden to say a word about me not showing he had the power, but he said nothing. No one said anything. They all just watched as I stalked off. 

"Way to go, dumbass." I heard Rylie shout at one of them. I could only hope that wasn't aimed at Aiden or his ass would be dead, then again for leaving in the middle of patrol, I probably would be too. I didn't care at this point. The boy I had just met...I don't know. My thoughts were clouding as I made my way up the back steps of my house and in through the doggy door. Unfortunately I was nude anytime I changed back and forth and anytime I wasn't nude I'd end up ripping them to shreds. 

Once in the safety of my house I changed back into my human form. Unfortunately I was wrong about my mother being at work, so as I walked into the laundry room guess who say me strutting around in the nude. Yeah, embarrassing. "Mom!" I screamed as I stumbled to throw on a pair of my boxers that were lying on top of the dryer. 

"Sorry, sweety, I had today off so I was just getting some laundry done." She spit out quickly looking down at the floor, trying to avoid looking at me like this.

By this time I had a pair of jeans on and was working on pulling a white t-shirt over my head. "It's cool, I just wasn't expecting you. My fault here." 

"Why aren't you patrolling today? Are you sick?" She frowned then smiled as her eyes lit up. "Did you quit?"

I shook my head and let out a light chuckle. "You can't really quit, mom." She never seemed to get that it wasn't a choice and I couldn't understand why my dad hadn't explained that. He died keeping our town safe. He died when everyone turned on him, if he could just quit don't you think he would have? I let a soft growl escape from my throat. I shook it off and locked eyes with my mother again.

She was so adorable. Nothing like me. She was short and delicate, so break able. She had light blond hair and ice blue eyes. Her eyelashes complimented her eyes, long and beautiful. Her lips were almost a heart shape and naturally a light pink color. She is a truly a beautiful woman over all. "Yeah, yeah. So what are you doing home? Everything okay?"

I sighed. "Not really..."

"What's the matter?"

"I met this guy and-" I started but she cut me off.

"Your father wouldn't want you to keep this phase up!"She yelled at me. "Start seeing girls before this goes too far!"

"Mom, it's not a phase..." I choked. Why did she always have to do this? I'm 16 and I've known I was this way for at least 4 years, possibly longer, and she's known. Why can't she just accept it?

"It is! Now drop it." She spit out before going back to folding laundry.

A low growl escaped my throat as I stormed away, fist clenched tight, to my bedroom. What wouldn't my father want? My happiness? The homophobic bitch just needed to learn that there's nothing wrong with me. Wait. Was there something wrong with me? I groaned as I flopped down onto my bed. Maybe...maybe if I just pretended I was "normal"... then she'd accept me again. I closed my eyes tight. I needed sleep, tomorrow would be a rough day at school around the guys.