♥ Chapter 2 ♥

Chapter 2; Making Friends

I timidly followed Luke out of the room into the hall. It was almost deserted, most of the students must already be in class. He moved away from the door to the office and turned to me, fumbling with his black backpack as though he was looking for something.

Finally he pulled out some sheets of paper and began to hand them to me.

"Okay, this is your timetable..." He said handing me the first sheet. "... This is your map of the school..." He handed me another, "... And it looks like this stuff is dress code and whatever, but nobody really pays attention to that, don't worry."

Luke handed me the last wedge of paper and smiled. 

I took the pieces of paper and shuffled them into a pile before neatly placing them in my satchel and then looking back at him.

He'd been watching me carefully with those bright blue eyes again. As if he'd seen that I'd noticed he looked away and down the hallway.

"We have the same classes and first is Math, it's this way." He gestured in the correct direction.

That's when hee gently took hold of my wrist to guide me towards our designated classrooms. 

And that is when I felt it for the first time. Electricity, pulsating though the palm of his hand into my arm and then spreading throughout my body.My eyes locked onto his and we stared at each other, I guessed he had felt it too. He moved his hand away as though I had suddenly burned him and the warm sensation left my body, draining out off me as I returned to normal. What on earth just happened/

"Uh, sorry about that." I didn't know why he was apologising so I just shook my head. "Class is this way."

I had to walk fast to keep up with his speedy pace due to his long legs; each single pace by him meant I had to take two. 

"I think you'll like it here, I'll introduce you to my friends at lunch. I'm sure you'll like them. Plus most people are really nice, don't worry I'll guide you away from anyone who isn't." We arrived  at a door and he politely held it open for me. I smiled graciously and timidly stepped inside. The majority of the seat were taken and talking died down as all heads turned towards me. The young woman sitting at the front of the room who had previously been typing furiously on her laptop turned to face me and beamed at Luke and myself. She stood herself up, straightened out her black pencil skirt and moved towards me.

"Hi there, you must be Casey. I'm Miss Danby, it's lovely to meet you," She held out her hand and I shook it. I could tell she must have been a newly qualified teacher, the worries of controlling teenagers were yet to wear down her natural beauty.

" I have told the class about your situation already, so you don't have to worry," She told me. My face fell a little. I hadn't even been in the class 2 minutes and everyone in the room thought I was insane, great. Fabulous. Brilliant. "There's a spare seat over there."

I looked in the direction she had pointed and to my disappointment it was on the opposite side to where Luke was sitting. I was alone.

Unable to complain I moved toward the desk by the window. I pulled my stationary out of my bag along with a notepad.

"Hey there," A soft, almost melody like voice came from beside me. I turned to see this gorgeous blonde girl sat at the desk next to mine. Her hair was dead straight and fell around her shoulders, her hazel eyes studied me and her pale pink lips ere slightly parted as she chewed the end of her pencil. "I'm Phoebe."

I made a small waving notion. She shot me her perfect smile.

"So Luke's showing you round?" I glanced over at the blonde boy and he briefly smiled at me and then turned his attention back to the front. Phoebe sighed. "He's so cute. You're so lucky." She also glanced back at him but he was still paying all his attention to the work on the blackboard.

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. You like him? I wrote. She nodded and gave a small smile in reply. 

I'm sure he likes you back, you're so pretty. I finishd the note of wih a smiley face.

"You're really sweet, thanks," She said grinning. They would make a beautiful couple, you just have to look at them to know but I felt guilty inside, remembering the moment we'd had only 10 minutes ago. But it's early days.

But was it even a moment? I don't even know. It's not like I could ask.

"Pay attention girls," Miss Danby said from the front of the room and I got out a new piece of paper to scribble down notes. 

Next was English, then we had lunchtime. Luke caught up with me in the corridor. "Hey!" He practically chirped. "Enjoying it so far?" I nodded. " I thought you would."

He smiled at me. "Anyway, now it's lunch time, I'll show you the cafeteria and then I'll show you my friends? That sounds okay?"

I beamed at him and nodded, if his friends were half as nice as him this was going to be fun and I couldn't wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N; Thank you for reading, let me know what you think! I'm hoping to make it more eventful, please bare with me.

Sorry it's a bit shorter!

Ily. (: x