[T]: Flash Delirium

Becky smiled at me. Her teeth were white, perfect, the way she always wanted it but couldn't because of her bad smoking habit. Her figure was great, her hair lustrous. She didn't smoke anymore. She had changed so much since the accident, and so quickly too. She looked beautiful.

"Remember that day in eighth grade, around...when you were..." 

"Remember what?" I could barely hear her. Her voice was low now, like she was murmuring to herself. Or maybe I was drifting off again. My mind always seemed to crash before my body. I shook myself awake and sat up in bed. I heard it was easier to doze off when lying down.

"...you looked so stupid in shorts. Your legs were like toothpicks," she laughed. 

"Hey, I was a skinny kid." 

"Still a skinny adult. You should really..."

I was slipping. Becky didn't mind. She knew how I was, and so she kept talking. I rubbed my eyes and blinked. Someone pounded on my room door, startling me.

"Jonathan! Jonathan open up!"

My sister, Cynthia. I groaned. She knew I had a visitor, but somehow still felt the need to interrupt. I decided to remain in bed, hoping she'd go away.

"Jonathan, come on. Open the door, I know you're up." 

"Leave me alone." 

"Becky is there, right? If you won't get up, tell her to open the door."

I looked at Becky, She shrugged.

"Should I open it?" 

"I don't know." 

"Maybe she'll just..."

This time, she faded a bit with the voice. I blinked. I was losing it now, probably going to fall asleep in a few seconds. I could still see her and her mouth was moving, but I couldn't hear a word. I reached into the bedside drawer. The syringe was there, but I couldn't find my medicine vials.

No.

No. No. No.

I turned around. Becky had left. I scrambled off the bed, ran to the door and unlocked it quickly. I had to find her. I bumped into Cynthia as I opened up. She looked surprised, yet strangely relieved for some reason.

"Jonathan, thank God." 

"I need my medicine. I'm losing it again." 

"Jonathan, you need to eat something, it's been two days." 

"I'm not hungry." 

"Please, you need to stop this." 

"I'm sick " 

"No, you're not sick. There's nothing wrong with you. I know it's hard, but you..." 

"Which way did Becky go?"

She sighed and ran her hands through her hair.

"The kitchen. Becky went to the kitchen. I think she wanted to get some juice or something."

I rushed past her and went to the kitchen. Becky wasn't there. Instead, I saw Mum, Dad and Robert, my best friend. Cynthia walked in behind me and closed the door. Dad looked uncomfortable as he cleared his throat.

"Jonathan, this is an Intervention."