Chapter 15: Fences

Chapter 15

Fences- Paramore

"And it's obvious that your dying, dying

Just living proof that the camera's lying

And oh, oh, open wide, cuz this is your night

So smile, cuz you'll go out in style

You'll go out in style"

There was a big flash of light and I pulled away from Adam, surprised. Was that a camera? I turned to the source to see a guy with a fancy-looking camera and a grin on his face. Behind him three cars pulled up and he just continued to take pictures. I just stood there in shock. From the cars, other people hopped out and I could see cameras in their hands too.

"What?" I said, confused.

"Brooklyn, is it true that Jamie Maze is your father?" one of them asked, holding a pen and paper, waiting for my response eagerly.

"How was growing up without your real father?"

"Do you think that Jamie retired because of you?"

The others just kept on snapping pictures. I was in a state of shock and sort of snapped out of it when there was a tug on my arm. Adam was pulling me toward the apartment.

"Come on!" He said quickly, dragging me in.

I hurried inside and the people followed, never once stopping from snapping a picture or asking a question. Adam hurried me up the stairs and I was still in a daze. I reached in my pocket and found my key before opening my door. Jamie was sitting on the couch and the people went crazy, managing to get a few pictures of Jamie in the background. Adam slammed the door quickly when I finally managed to get inside, I think the door hit one of the reporters in the face.

"What the hell?" I sputtered, finally letting it sync in.

Oh My Gosh! They know! They know about Jamie being my dad!

"Shit," Jamie said and stood up.

"Oh My Gosh," I breathed.

I hadn't really thought about what would happen if the paparazzi found out about me. I mean, Jamie is a rock star, he's popular. I should have known that if they found out about this piece of gossip, they would attack. Now this is happening, and they are attacking. What am I going to do?

Jamie turned to me, "I'm so sorry, Brook."

But that didn't make up for it and it will be awhile until it does. I realize that now.

This is not just bad… it's awful.

The next morning I looked out the peep hole in my door, the hallway was empty, luckily.

"They got kicked out." I turned around and Jamie stood behind me. "They’re all waiting outside the building now."

I walked over to the window, moving the curtain. Down those three flights I could see cars parked and waiting outside. I frowned and realized they were attempting to get pictures of me then, through the window. I quickly closed the curtain and slid down the wall.

I felt like screaming.

Sunday

Stay tuned for some interesting news on the famous retired rock star, Jamie Maze! Rumors are flying of him having a daughter… that's right, a daughter!

The commercials seemed to drag on for forever, even though I was dreading what was to come.

Hello, and welcome back to Celebrity Firsts, and firsts we do have! We just got a new story on the famous retired rock star, Jamie Maze. Everyone knows Jamie is famous for being the lead singer in the popular band, Melodies of Midnight, who have been a band for more than twenty years until recently deciding to retire.