Chapter 17: Fire (Aim Your Arrows High)

Chapter 17

Fire (Aim Your Arrows High)- VersaEmerge

"Shoot out all the lights

Hold your ground, we'll hit the sky

It's time you aim your arrows high

Take down all the doubt

Cast it out, let's do it now

It's time we aim our arrows high"

"You two are on in five," a plain looking girl with a microphone around her head said to Jamie and me.

I started freaking out even more than I had been before.

I'd tried talking to my mom after she'd run upstairs but it didn't really work out. She just tried to talk me out of my decision for a while but I refused. Then she pretended like she wasn't angry with me but I could tell she was. She still made it clear that she completely disagreed but I didn't give in. I had to do this.

Jamie managed to get us on an interview show the next day. Not Celebrity First's, thank God. Jamie got us on some show called The Real Truth, which was known for giving an interview with celebrities at least once a week. They managed to plan us for next week because one of the celebrities had canceled, to our luck. I'm sure they would have figured something out, though. Our story was way too good to pass up.

I was forced to wait another full two weeks stuck in my house until the interview. I didn't want to push my mom because she was already angry with me. So I was stuck with hour-a-day visits from my group of best friends. I really wanted to see the band, and Nora, but I decided to wait until after the interview to push things.

"Calm down Brook, it'll be fine," Jamie said, but he didn’t sound like he believed it. He was to talk, he actually looked worked up. I'm sure that his fans are going to be crushed and other people will hate him after he confesses that he left my mom and I when his music career had just started.

"I can't believe this is live," I said.

"It'll just prove that we have nothing to hide," Jamie said. "And that we are telling the world the truth."

"Right," I sighed.

"Two minutes," the girl said, grabbing our arms and dragging us out to the center of the show. There was an audience seated around, staring eagerly. She sat us down on two comfy chairs. In between our chairs was an end table with glasses of water for us, and across from us was another comfy chair with someone else seated. There was Jack Gary, the famous interviewer, who I'd seen on TV countless times. You know I sort of dislike people with last names that could be first names.

I took in a deep breath, trying to prepare myself.

I have to fight back.

I have to fix this mess, so the attention will die out with and everyone will have their questions answered.

I felt like I was preparing for a war.

"Starting in five… four…" I jumped and quickly fixed my hair and sundress. This is all happening so fast. "One… Action!"

Some sort of corny music played and I watched the camera man zoom in on us.

"Hello, I'm Jack Gary and welcome to Famous Friends! Today we have an interview that everyone has been talking about for the past two weeks. We have with us Jamie Maze and Brooklyn Summers,” Jack Gary said to the camera with a wide smile on his face. I could just feel the camera zooming in on us now. "Hello guys, it's great to have you here," Jack Gary said.