Chapter 8

Chapter 8 -

Michaels P.O.V ~

"Pudding pudding pudding, I'm so glad I got my pudding." is what I joyfully sang as I made my way back to the lab. I was brimming with happiness as I skipped down the hallways, inching closer and closer to the lab.

"Hmm,Hmm,Humm." A cheerful hum would escape from my lips every once in a while.

Just as I turned the corner I spotted Brian exiting the lab, trudging down the hallways.

"Brian!" I called out, snatching his attention.

"I was victorious in my quest of retrieving the magical pudding." I hollered in my best viking voice as I puffed my chest out and furrowed my eyebrows.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA" I chuckled victoriously in my viking voice.

The reaction I received from Brian wasn't what I was expecting. I thought he would reply with a "Good on ya mate." in one of his attempted Irish accents or at least a "You're an idiot.", but instead I got a solemn look on his face as he struggled to keep eye contact.

"Ehm, Brian, you okay?"

Raising his head, he locked his eyes with mine for a few seconds before a giant grin expanded on his face. Slipping his hands into his pockets, his solemn trudge turned into a confident strut down the hallway towards me. When he finally reached me he didn't stop to speak to me, he only patted my shoulder as he strolled by, I guess his way of answering that everything was alright. Without turning around I shouted in a voice loud enough for the whole school to hear.

"I SWEAR TO GOD BRIAN, I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON BUT YOU BETTER SORT YOUR SHIT OUT CAUSE WE ARE NOT GETTING INTO ANOTHER FIGHT!"

My heart was thumping to a wild rhythm along with my unstable breathing. My chest puffed up and down as my lungs filled with this tension soaked air. My fingers curled into a tight fist, trembling slightly. My throat felt dry and choked on every breath I attempted to inhale. My thoughts were speeding around my mind in a distraught frenzy.

Okay, what's going on? Are we in another fight? Did I do something? Maybe it was something I said? Should I apologize? But what am I apologizing for! You know what NO! I REFUSE TO GET INTO ANOTHER FIGHT! I REFUSE TO BE THE ONE LEFT ALONE STRUGGLING WITH MY OWN THOUGHTS! I REFUSE TO FEEL PATHETIC AND WALLOW IN MY OWN SELF PITY! NO.NO.NO! That's right boy! You go and do your own thang! You can't let yourself be hung up by what everybody else be doing! You stick to your own morals! That is right, I need to start thinking for myself, I will not let anybody else influence me. I AM, MY OWN, DAMN, PERSON!

Finally coming to that conclusion, the slight trembling that coated my body was relieved, sending a sense of ease throughout my body. Sucking in a deep breath I twisted my body around to face Brian. A giant smile instantly spread across my face the moment my eyes set on Brian. He stood there in a confidence stance with a huge smile plastered on his face and this time not one of those fake grins he had on before but a genuine smile. He raised his hand into a saluting position and flashed me one of his charming smile, revealing his pearly white teeth.

"YES SIR" he replied with a salute.

"I got this bro." he added in an attempted ghetto accent.

Laughter erupted inside me, spilling out uncontrollable.

"You suck at accents."

I spoke as I twisted back around and continued my journey to the science lab. Finally reaching the doorway I stepped into the lab and made my way to the free stool across from Justin. Yanking the prized pudding from my hoodie pocket, I stripped it of its plastic lid and began the devouring process. See! All you have to do is speak your mind and everything will work out. You're right! Instead of running around in circles in my mind, I should just say what I think! Yeah, that's right. I like that. I'm going to stick with that. Yay I'm happy now. Smirk, smirk, smirk!