3

a/n: I had a horrible dream where Mitch died and I cried for two hours at 3 AM. ;-;

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

Anyways, I've decided that this will only be 5 or so chapters because this sequel is just a run through of what happened in the first book. I'm sorry if you're sad or disappointed.

Please read the author's note at the end, too. ❤️💞

Avi Kaplan's POV

I looked at the others, "Beans."

Liam gave me a weird look, "Where'd you meet her?"

Scott laughed, "Grocery store."

Liam's mouth turned into an 'o' shape, "That explains a lot."

I nodded, "I'm not sure why they want me to go there and look at beans though," I said. Alex chuckled, "Maybe they're hungry."

Mitch scoffed, "Are you two really making jokes right now? Your girlfriend is lost, Avi."

I pursed my lips, "Okay, okay. Fine. Let's go," I said and got in. Kevin got front white Mitch and Scott got back. Alex, Jake and Liam were taking Alex's car. Alex rolled down his window and I copied, "What grocery store?" Alex inquired. I yelled back a brief 'Safeway'.

I began to drive to the store, us being behind Alex and them.

"Beans? Of all things, beans?" Mitch chuckled. "Would if it was behind a can of yams?" Scott snorted.

The two kept making jokes while Kevin teased them about 'Scömìche.'

I ignored them. I drove into the lot and parked. I began to get out while the other three got out soon after me. Scott was blushing and Mitch looked quite awkward. I smirked at them but didn't speak.

All seven of us walked in together. "Kevin and I will take green beans. Mitch and Scott can take chili beans. Liam, Jake and Alex; take any other type of bean. Go!" I yelled while Kevin sprinted towards the green beans. I laughed and followed him.

He looked on one side while I looked on another. I didn't find anything as I searched through the multiple cans of green beans. "Anything?" I asked Kevin. "Nope," he replied.

I sighed as I found nothing. Was it maybe inside of a can? How would that even be possible?

I heard footsteps from behind me and looked behind me, surprised to see Jake holding a note and a can of chili. I smiled, "Thank God."

I took the letter and unfolded it, reading.

Dear Avi,

You're smarter than what I thought you were! Or someone just found it for you... either way, good job.

I know you're wondering where the next clue is... and well, you should find that out for yourself now, shouldn't you?

Just remember not to expect the obvious. We aren't that easy, babe.

Oh—and Kirstie asked how you were doing. So sad she won't find out yet.

Love,
K 💞

I examined the note and the only things out of the ordinary was a black drawing near 'K' and a key taped to it. The drawing seemed to be halfway done; a drawing of a house maybe. Except it was larger than the average house. It looked like Kirstie's house.