Untitled Part 4

He saw me grow, make mistakes, and rise back up just as I too saw him change. He went from being such a reckless kid to a very handsome hardworking adult. I saw his dreams evolve from the "oh I'm going to med school" to an "I want to become a doctor someday". His wings spread and I couldn't have asked for more. My last gift to him was a pair of shoes with a note that read "They say good shoes take you to good places so even though this isn't much I hope these shoes will help you along your journey and lead you to a world full of opportunity" Later that day we graduated and even after looking immensely for him afterwards at that moment our chapter finally came to an end. He was gone and it was time for me to also move along and follow my own path. Even till this day I sometimes find myself dwelling on the past and remembering him. I often find myself asking are you doing well. Are you heathy? Are you still running towards your dreams?

It's been nearly two years since then and I think the main reason I haven't been able to truly let go is because my heart never got a chance to say Thank you. Thank you for being by my side for the last 7 years for being my friend and letting me cheer you on from the side lines. Thank you for never truly pushing me away because even without your knowledge having you there was my daily reminder that there will be happy time is life. To him to my first love with this letter I want to write the last of my emotions to you and finally set you free. So that maybe one day if stumble across this writing I too can bring a smile to your face just like you did to me throughout my childhood. Thank you for everything and I wish to you the absolute best....

Love,

A friend