Chapter 2: Sunshine and Mystery Boys

I open my eyes and see sunshine peeking through my blinds in my room. I think to myself, trying to remember if I had gone to bed by myself. I flush when I relaize that Tanner must have carried me to my room and tucked me in when I had fallen asleep. Man the feels...

{Five Days Later}

The past week has been hectic from getting ready to leave High School to preparing for summer i have had little free time to get out and enjoy the sunny weather. Its now Saturday June 15th, the first offical day of the summer before college, and I plan to make the most of it.

Sun beating down on me and the music blasting I pull up at Kat's house and her and my other four friends run out of the house excited for the day ahead. We have decided to go to the beach and enjoy what California has to offer before we head our sepereate ways for college and I drown in the Washington rain.

They all tumble into the car and I speed off. Once we get to the beach we set up on towels and start tanning, well they tan and I lather myself in sunscreen and sit under the shade of the umbrella. I do not need to get sunburnt, again. After about a half and hour of just relaxing I decide I have had enough and head to the water for a cool down. I slowly wade into the water and it relaxs me right way. As I am floating in the water peacefully I hear some one in the distance screaming for help. I jolt out of my calm state and my life guarding instincts take effect, I have worked at the community pool as a lifegaurd every summer since sophomore year so I respond instantly.

I am swimming as fast as I can to reach the struggling swimmer, most likely a tourist of some sort those people dont know what the ocean is capable of. Once I have reached the yelling the realization hits me that the swimmer, who happens to be a teenage boy about my age, is caught in a strong tide that could kill him. He keeps on dunking both of  us under water "Stop resisting me I am only trying to help you" I yell. Then, suddenly his body goes limp and  I wrap my arms around his waist and begin to swim. I exit the tide and swim back to where my friends are still tanning. Realizing that Jasmine, Grace, and Kat are all asleep I call for Lizzy to come and help me drag him to shore. She looks up at me and sees the boy in my arms and sprints to the water. Once on the other side of him she grabs his arm and places it around her shoulder and we drag him to my towel on the beach. After multiple attempts at trying to wake him up I decide to initiate CPR. Because I was a life gaurd for so many years I have had my fare share of mouth to mouth experiences, and lets just say some of them are nasty. But as soon as I breathed into his mouth, after ten chest compressions, I feel an automatic connection. After multiple cycles and attempts and resusitaction I hear a coughing and he spits up sea water and I sit him up slighty so he doesnt choke. "Hey are you okay, I was swimming and I heard you yelling for help so I dragged you here and did CPR" I told the boy.

He still seemed to be in shock so I wrapped him in the towel and woke up all the other girls telling them what had happened and that I was going to take him to the hospital.

"I am going to take you to the hospital so they can see if you hit your head or anything, okay?" I ask the mystery boy.

He then speaks up and I notice his thick English accent right away "There is no need for that love I am fine and thank you for saving my life" He then thinks it is a marvelous idea to try and stand but his legs are like noodles and he instantly collapses on top of me.

"Uff, yeah you are not okay, at least let me take you back to where you are staying." I say pushing him of me.

He looks at me with a strange glance and opens his mouth to speak"Sure that would really help me out because I walked here from my beach house down that way and I dont think I could make it all the way back to it in this condition."