Chapter 7

A/N: Once again, I'm so sorry it's late. I tried to make it long though. My life has just been really hectic, and it's getting more difficult to sit down and write. My thyroid died a while ago, which just makes everything ten times worse :( I'm not trying to make excuses, I'm just trying to give you guys an explanation. I'm really, really sorry! Well, I hope you enjoy this! Warning: I have not edited this yet, so go easy on me!

“What are you doing?” I hissed, looking around my room, half expecting someone to show up just because of Francois. With my luck, I wouldn’t be surprised. Satisfied that I was still alone, I returned my gaze to Francois who had opened my window and was beginning to climb in. “Why are you here?”

“I figured you might enjoy getting out more,” Francois shrugged, as if someone crept in through my window every night. “You seemed to really enjoy our outing to the market.”

I felt a slight blush rise to my cheeks. “Yes, but you must know if I get caught, I’ll be in HUGE trouble. I can’t just sneak out every night!”

“This will only make two!” Francois pleaded.

“Well, sorry but I can’t. I don’t even have anything to wear. It would be unsafe for me to wander around, looking exactly like a noble,” I answered, reasonably. As much as I wanted to climb out my window with Francois at my side, I was still scared. I had had lots of fun the other night, but being alone with Francois made me slightly nervous. After all, I was engaged to Pierre. I couldn’t allow myself to develop feelings for anyone else. Content that my argument was solid, I turned away from Francois, thus dismissing him.

However, surprise flashed through me when Francois grabbed my wrist and spun me around. A teasing smirk danced on his lips. “I’m sure you’ll find a suitable dress waiting for you.”

“Impossible....” I began, but then realization hit me. “Faye...” I groaned.

A grin lit up Francois’s face as he nodded. “She figures you could do with some more fun in your life as well.”

I shook my head in frustration, but I couldn’t help the feeling of excitement as I thought of what could so easily await me. All I had to do was put on the dress and sneak out through my window. Francois was there waiting for me. Slowly, I made my way to my chair where the dress Faye left still sat. It was simple, but yet still beautiful in its simplicity. “Well...” I began.

“Just say yes!” sighed Francois, although his voice held a fair amount of eagerness.

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt if I just went out one more night,” I consented.

“Great!” Francois grinned. “Now hurry and put your dress on or we won’t have much more time.”

I blushed and stared at the floor. “Could you maybe.... turn around and hide in a corner?” I mumbled, timidly.

Francois chuckled. “Whatever makes you comfortable.” He shuffled into a corner and leaned his head against the wall. “Tell me when you’re done.”

Still shy and nervous, I grabbed the dress and hid in my own corner of the room while I changed. After changing as quickly as I could, I set my old clothes on the chair and walked over to the window. “I’m ready.”

“Finally! I thought we would never leave!” Francois said joining me by the window.

Once again I blushed, but this time I gave him a slight shove on the arm. “Let’s just leave.”

Francois nodded, and his eyes lit up with the excitement that I felt. In one fluid motion, he swung out of the window using a tree branch as support. He then leaned towards me, offering his hand as support to help me onto the tree. Nervous, I clutched onto his head as I stepped onto a tree branch right by my window. My heart fluttered as the branch swayed from my weight. “It’s alright,” Francois whispered. “I’ve got you.”