Chapter 2- new neighbors

They handed us sheets and pillows, since we had everything in the storage I guess it was helpful.

It was time for us to go to bed and it was three days away from the first day of school. This is the first time I have ever wanted to actually go to school. I know I'm going to be miserable in here I can already feel it.

I just can't wait to see my friends, since there are buses here that stop near my school I didn't have to transfer, that means I have the ability to be happy at school instead of at home and since its usually the other way around I think it would be fun to see. 

--------------------

It's 3:00 am and I still can't fall asleep I can't stop thinking about leaving already, the beds are uncomfortable, the pillows are uncomfortable, this room is uncomfortable, THIS PLACE IS JUST GENERALLY UNCOMFORTABLE.

I just want to leave, there probably won't be any people my age here, I will be a loner and it doesn't help that I don't have many friends at school then again I am starting my first year of high school so I guess I can make new friends.

I suddenly heard a big slam and my ears and tail popped out, it sounded like it came from just outside my room.

I hopped out of bed and went to take a look out of the peek hole but before I got the chance to I heard people yelling.

"Stop bugging me about it I already told you it's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal!? Mark you just fell out of bed in excruciating pain because of it"

I peeked out the hole and saw a young man, roughly around the age 18, and an older women around the age 50.

"MA I already said I just hit my knuckle a bit too hard"

" ya just because of that stupid girl, and because your a stupid guy who can't control himself"

" what was I supposed to do hit her instead of the wall"

"No you shouldn't have over reacted like that, she was just being an idiot"

"Well she shouldn't have called you that" and with that he walked away

She stood there shaking her head with her arms crossed over her chest  

She then walked back into he room and said "dumb ass".

Well that was just enough proof for me that the people who live here are extra friendly~

Anyways that young man was a gorilla and his "mother" was a humming bird, you could tell with the young man because of his temperament and the atmosphere, his mother was a bit harder to read she seemed delicate but at the same time she looked like she could handle herself well.

After that little incident I don't think I will really try to make friends here, oh well I think I'll just go back to being the anti-social, unlucky girl I always was.

I lay back in my bed and shut my eyes when I suddenly heard another loud thumping noise but it was more like footsteps. I looked out my peek hole again to see it was someone completely different and he was headed for our door

I didn't know if he was angry or not he carried something in his hand and when I saw him clench his fist my ears popped out again.

Once he got to our door he did nothing but stand there and look at the ground. Now I know the people here a messed up.

He suddenly raised his hand and knocked lightly on the door.

I didn't answer but my mother got up and saw me at the door

"Who knocked?" She said in a drowsy voice

"I don't know some guy, what should I do"

"Well open the door smart one"

I was hesitant to open the door but I did so and he was still staring at the ground. He then pulled something from behind his back and it was a welcome card.

He looked at me for a second then looked straight down again

"I saw you and your family enter and I assumed you were new so i asked the office lady what room you were in"

Now that I have a good look at this boy he was around the age 14 so maybe I'm not the only one in here.

He handed me the card and said that he hoped we could talk a little more later on. I nodded my head and closed the door while waving bye.

I opened the card and read it:

WELCOME

I hope you and your family have a nice stay here and that you find a place soon, we are all in the same situation so it's ok. I hope we can become good friends later on in the future. :)

- Andrew Shylock

He seemed kind of strange but friendly at the same time who knows anymore in a place like this. I should have just gone to bed when I was supposed to.