Chapter 6

"Danny!" I yelled as I read the front page. This couldn't be happening.

"What is it, Lacey?" Danny asked, coming to stand behind me and reading the headline. "Don't worry, I'll sort it." He told me, giving me a hug. I nodded into his chest, "Now go get ready, we're going out shopping." I was informed.

"But I wen't the other day, with Jess!" I exclaimed.

"I don't care, we are going, today." Dan argued back, leaving no room for me to argue.

"Fine." I whined heading upstairs to get ready. Qickly, I dressed and did my hair and makeup.

"Are you nearly ready, Lacey?" Danny yelled from the bottom of the stairs and I sighed in frustration.

"Yes! But do we really have to go?" I yelled as I walked down the stairs.

"Yes, now come on, Lacey. Time to go shopping." The man announced. "And Mark and Glen are waiting."

"Oh not you." I whined when I saw Mark.

"How do you think I feel having you come with us on tour, having to see you everyday." The bold man joked.

"I've missed you, Mark!" I yelled, running and hugging him tightly. Though it had just been a day since I last saw him. But he was the only one out of the group that truly knew how I felt. He too had lost both his parents at an early age.

"Missed you too, Squirt." He laughed, hugging me back. 

"Glenny!" I shouted, going over to hug him too.

"Hey, Lace. How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?" Glen asked with a scowl.

"Doesn't matter; I'll always call you it." I told him with a laugh.

"Oh great. I bring you out with us and you totally forget about me." Danny fake sobbed.

"Aww. Is little Danny feeling left out?" I mocked making everyone laugh. "Lets go!" I yelled, jumping into the car and the others followed. We began the drive to the shopping centre.

The place we pretty empty when we first got there but by the time we'd been in a few shops, the shopping centre was flooded with people of all ages....and some press. "Danny." I whispered pointing to one of the reporters who had yet to see us. 

"Okay. Blend in with the crowd." Was his only bit of advise, but we did. Only we were spotted by a different reporter and photographer.

"Danny, who's this?" He asked as other reporters surrounded us.

"No comment." The Irishman replied with a grim look as he began to push me through the crowd.

"Danny!"

"Danny!" 

"DANNY!" Different reporters yelled but we were lucky enough to be close to an exit so were able to get out and to the car.

Not long later, we were home, finally. "I love shopping, but shopping with you lot is..." I trailed off, not finding the word to say. Its a Saturday and the live shows start tonight. I was going to the set with Danny. I couln't wait but I could tell that all four coaches were keeping something from me. Anyway, Jess was coming over to help me choose what to wear. (I forgot to mention that she went down to London for the weekend.) 

"Hey Lace." The singer greeted  the hotel door. I turned my head from my seat next to Danny on the sofa and saw her with a big grin on her face. 

"Jess!" I yelled, smilling.

"Lets get you ready then." Jess stated. "Danny, get out. You don't get to see my materpiece until we get to the set." She ordered, ushering me into my room. Finally, we emerged a few hours later and I looked good, even if I do say so myself. "Danny is gonna love you." My friend sang. "And so will the audience."