What Great Men Have Said About Women Ten Cent Pocket Series No. 77

WHAT GREAT MEN HAVE SAID ***

Produced by Ted Garvin, Hemantkumar N Garach and the Online Distributed Proofreading Team at http://www.pgdp.net

TEN CENT POCKET SERIES NO. 77

Edited by E. Haldeman-Julius

WHAT GREAT MEN HAVE SAID ABOUT WOMEN

HALDEMAN-JULIUS COMPANY GIRARD. KANSAS

SHAKESPEARE.

Where is any author in the world Teaches such beauty as a woman's eye?

_Love's Labour's Lost, A. 4, S. 3._

The idea of her life shall sweetly creep Into his study of imagination; And every lovely organ of her life Shall come apparel'd in more precious habit, More moving-delicate, and full of life, Into the eye and prospect of his soul.

_Much Ado About Nothing, A. 4, S. 1._

Kindness in women, not their beauteous looks, Shall win my love.

_Taming of the Shrew, A. 4, S. 2._

Win her with gifts, if she respect not words; Dumb jewels often, in their silent kind, More than quick words, do move a woman's mind.

_Two Gentlemen of Verona, A. 3, S. 1._

You, that have so fair parts of woman on you, Have too a woman's heart: which ever yet Affected eminence, wealth, sovereignty.

_Henry VIII., A. 2, S. 3._

'Tis beauty that doth oft make women proud; 'Tis virtue that doth make them most admired.

_Henry VI., Pt. 3, A. 1, S. 4._

From woman's eyes this doctrine I derive; They sparkle still the right Promethean fire; They are the books, the arts, the academes, That show, contain, and nourish all the world.

_Love's Labour's Lost, A. 4, S. 3._

Her voice was ever soft, Gentle, and low: an excellent thing in woman.

_King Lear, A. 5, S. 3._

Have you not heard it said full oft, A woman's nay doth stand for naught?

_The Passionate Pilgrim, Line 14._

Thou shalt find she will outstrip all praise, And make it halt behind her.

_The Tempest, A. 4. S. 1._

Good name in man and woman, Is the immediate jewel of their souls.

_Othello, A. 3, S. 3._

Women are soft, pitiful, and flexible.

_Henry VI., Pt. 3, A. 1. S. 4._

Such duty as the subject owes the prince, Even such a woman oweth to her husband; And, when she's froward, peevish, sullen, sour, And not obedient to his honest will, What is she, but a contending rebel, And graceless traitor to her loving lord?

_Taming of the Shrew, A. 5, S. 2._

Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale Her infinite variety: other women cloy The appetites they feed: but she makes hungry Where most she satisfies.

_Antony and Cleopatra, A. 2, S. 2._

She's beautiful, and therefore to be wooed; She is a woman, therefore to be won.

_Henry VI., Pt. 1, A. 5, S. 3._

Say, that she rail; why, then I'll tell her plain She sings as sweetly as a nightingale; Say, that she frown; I'll say, she looks as clear As morning roses newly wash'd with dew; Say, she be mute, and will not speak a word; Then I'll commend her volubility, And say she uttereth piercing eloquence.