Chapter 5: It's About Time

8:30 pm

"Here's something to think about on your flight though: before you made your decision, did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't only your feelings on the line?"

Then he walked away.

"Finn!" Isabelle hollered already a second time but still he refused to turn around and instead, kept walking. She ran a hand through her hair, which was already being blown by the breeze. Turning around, she looked at her reflection in the fountain behind her as the regret flooded through her.

"in the first place, it wasn't your decision to make"

Finn was right. What had gotten into her? She shouldn't have said that; especially with the kindess he'd shown her these past few months. She may as well have made the biggest mistake ever with what she's said to him. For the first time since Lena died, she's shed a pair of tears about someone else. Walking back to the residence hall, she took a deep breath, wiped any trace the tears had left on her face with the back of her hand and pretended to be okay.

9:00 pm

"Seriously, at 1 in the morning?" Isabella asked as she accompanied Isabelle to the exit where her driver, Falcon, was fetching her to go to Heathrow. "Better than no flight at all, right?" Isabelle shrugged before putting on the same red Harvard sweatshirt she'd worn the first time she met Finn. Having been reminded of Finn by the hoodie, Isabelle gave her cousin a worrying look, "I think he hates me, Fletch" she said. "Of course not!" Isabella said, giving Isabelle a reassuring hug, seeing the black car pull up, "now, you just take care. It's going to be okay"

"don't worry about a thing, Griff" she said, watching as the car drove off.

Isabelle looked out the window as they drove off into the night; although told by her mother not to look out the window to prevent her dizziness when riding in cars, she did anyway. No amount of scenery would be able to dizzy her as much as the thoughts that were going through her mind. Had she really made the right decision? Was Finn right about her being inconsiderate about the others who were getting affected by whatever decision she's made? What part of the phone call had given him the same idea?

"You guys better savor the Boston Cream for me" Isabelle laughed as she spoke on the phone, "Darling, of course we will!" laughed Mr. Griffin on the other line, "now, do you remember where you'll meet us?"

"Terminal 5, I think."

"Very good. And Falcon will fetch you at about nine?"

"yeah, I'll meet you at the airport...mhmm."

"Now, goodbye darling, do take care, okay?"

"okay, bye."

After constantly replaying the conversation between her and her father, she still couldn't figure out what had angered Finn so much. Frustrated and dizzy from looking out the window, she put those thoughts to rest and decided to take a nap. After all, they had 3 hours of road to finish.

11:00 pm

Finn tossed and turned as he tried his best to get to sleep. Isabelle's voice echoed in his mind the same way his had echoed in hers. Finally, he opened his eyes and gave a few hard jabs to his pillow before he made his way to Isabelle's room. With a history of 4 months behind them, Finn had since learned how Isabelle was one of his many Achilles Heels. He couldn't stay mad at her, no matter how hard he tried. Even though this time was different, he still couldn't stand not being able to speak to her. Especially since he thought she was leaving.