Jonah Clarke Is Childish

Daniel knows that something is up when Isaac is insistent that they go the fair. Especially when he knows that Isaac hates both rides and candyfloss with a passion, so really, there's no reason for him to want to go.

But they're walking through the entrance none the less, and Daniel is really beginning to wish that he was anywhere but here.

"Why did we have to come again?"

"It's an annual tradition."

"We've never been before," Daniel points out.

"Exactly," Isaac replies, "it's an annual tradition starting from this year."

"You don't like rides."

"Well maybe that's changed."

Daniel shakes his head but follows behind Isaac none the less. Daniel may not want to be here, but that doesn't mean that he wants to get lost in the crowd, getting separated from Isaac can only serve to make this situation so much worse.

"Come on Dan," Isaac says, "at least try to have fun. I mean there's food and entertainment and you can even be my wingman for the evening if you really want to."

"And why would I want to do that?"

"Because you're my best friend and you don't want me to die alone?"

"You're seventeen Isaac."

"Exactly, time is ticking."

Daniel simply rolls his eyes in reply but he begins to survey the fairground none the less. It looks surprisingly permanent considering it was set up just yesterday, and Daniel is reminded of just why he used to love the fair when he was younger. The idea of something popping up so unexpectedly, with little advance warning. As if it wasn't there and then suddenly, it was. A little piece of magic trapped inside a farmer's field. Of course Daniel knows now that it's not quite like that, that there are signs up a few weeks in advance but the magic seems to have somehow still remained, dusted over the carousel and the Ferris wheel as if it it's an overcoat of paint.

"How about her," Daniel gestures towards a figure stood a few metres away from them; a petite brunette that Daniel knows fits Isaac's type, "she's cute."

"She also has a boyfriend."

"How the hell can you tell?"

"That's Tasha Markey, she used to live on my street remember."

"Hell she's changed. It must have been years since I saw her last."

Isaac rolls his eyes and tugs Daniel along after him as he begins to walk away; apparently their destination has already been predetermined.