Jonah Clarke Is Supportive

Author's Note: Dedicated to @lostwithmyfriends for saying this was their favourite book on wattpad, like you have no idea how much that means to me. Right, I'm back to school today so updates will be every Wednesday as I don't know how much time I'll have to write. How you all enjoy the chapter :)

The next morning Daniel wakes to a facebook message from Jonah.

Jonah Clarke: Hey, I've got your phone. Wanna meet for coffee and cake so I can give it back to you?

Daniel Evans: Sure, what time?

Daniel doesn't get a reply through until about ten o'clock, and even then it's not exactly entirely legible.

Jonah Clarke: qhat abiyt 11?

Jonah Clarke: Sorry, shit I'm so tired, what about 11?

Daniel Evans: That's good for me

And that's how Daniel finds himself nervously pushing open the door of the local coffee shop and searching the room for Jonah, unsure of how the two of them are going to act. He soon spots Jonah, who is sprawled across one of the arm chairs, arm thrown over his eyes so as to block the light and a steaming cup of coffee in front of him.

"I thought you didn't drink coffee," Daniel comments.

Jonah looks up briefly, as if he's surprised that Daniel is there before covering his face up once again.

"It tastes abysmal," Jonah replies, "but after last night, I just don't think tea is going to cut it."

Daniel expects it to be awkward between the two of them, for Jonah to act like it never happened but instead it actually seems as if it never did and Daniel is unable to believe that Jonah can act this well. Perhaps Daniel imagined it because there is no tone of embarrassment or anger in Jonah's voice.

"Right I'll just go get myself a coffee then."

Daniel watches Jonah out of the corner of his eye as he queues. The boy has resumed his previous position and occasionally leans over to take a sip of his drink before pulling a face, it almost makes Daniel giggle and then he remembers why Jonah is drinking it and the memories of last night's phone call come flooding back.

When he's finally served, Daniel carries his mug back to the table and fixes Jonah with an amused stare.

"Rough night then," he says teasingly.

"You have no idea," Jonah groans, "I actually think my body is staging a mutiny and trying to kill me."

"I don't blame it," Daniel replies.

"Honestly I wouldn't have asked you to meet up with me this morning if I knew you were going to be this mean. I'm dying Daniel."

"You've got a hangover, and you had to meet up with me after you stole my phone."

Daniel expects at least this to draw a response or a flush of the cheeks from Jonah, seen as though the circumstances surrounding Daniel leaving his phone behind stemmed from the kiss but Jonah's expression remains neutral and Daniel finds himself wondering if it was perhaps just him that was so affected by the kiss.

"I didn't steal it," Jonah says before reaching into his pocket, "else I wouldn't be giving it back to you right now."

"Thanks."

Daniel takes the phone quickly and feels like hugging it tight. He knows that he shouldn't depend on his phone so much but it just felt wrong not having it with him and so having it placed back in his hand again fills him with a worrying sense of relief. Okay, so maybe Daniel is slightly too attached to his phone.