Evermore

Evermore

Prologue

"Happy Birthday Harry!" The room erupted in a roar. A small curly haired child sat in the center of the room, his face split by a toothy grin.

"Presents!" Anne Styles moved into the center if the circle. She placed a small parcel on the colorful placemat. "Open this one first. I think it's from Grampa."

Harry Styles pulled the parcel towards him and flipped it over.

" No Mum! It's from my boyfriend see! It says right here, from Boo, to Hazza." Harry smiled, ripping the paper open, unaware to the whispers surrounding him.

"He has a boyfriend? He's six! Well seven but a boyfriend?" The room was abuzz with speculation as to the young boys meaning of the word, meanwhile, Harry had ripped off the paper to see a beautiful male doll, resembling his best friend to a tee, even down to the minuscule TOMS and red jeans.

"Mummy it looks just like him!" Harry squealed, hugging the doll to his chest.

A bit of paper had fluttered down out of the wrappings onto the floor.

"Yes sweetie. It's beautiful. Here, read this." She handed the slip of paper to Harry and gently tugged the doll for. Harry's hands.

Harry read the paper silently, the smile slipping from his lips.

"Harry what's wrong?" His sister Gemma asked.

"I have to go call Boo. I'll be right back." Harry stood up with a seriousness that his mother had not yet seen in him.

Harry left the room, his heart thudding.

"What's wrong with him?" Gemma asked.

Anne reached down and picked up the slip of paper. "Oh Harry." And she ran after him.

'After this moment, your friend will never exist. In this form, evermore.'