The Airplane Ride

Max wasn't exactly ecstatic about going to Iraq honestly. He sat in the plane quite uncomfortably, and started shifting around in his seat. He sat in Coach class, around the back of the cabin on the left side by the window. He needed the window, it was his only way to see the last of the place he had ever known. All of his friends and family were left here, and Emily. He then stopped shifting in his seat and slapped himself across the face out of stupidity. What was he thinking? He was doing all of this of one person? It's crazy, he knew. "Excuse me sir, are you quite alright?" He heard a voice say, and jumped in his seat surprised. He thought he had the row for himself, but he looked over to his right and there sure enough, was an elderly man also dressed in a camouflage uniform, and on his uniform was the last name Green. "Oh, yes I'm fine. I was just lost in thought about what I'm doing." Max said, laughing and ruffled his brown hair. "That's a thought, I can tell. You are a Marine, no?"

"Yes, I am. What about you?"

"Ahh.. I was"

The man held out his hand, and said "Im Robert." Max took his hand and shaked it firmly, saying his name to the former Marine, and starting their endless conversation all the way to Iraq.